kevo Member 286 Member For: 18y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA Posted 16/11/08 01:28 PM Posted 16/11/08 01:28 PM hey guys,I fitted a rapid systems cooler and piping kit to my ute today and all went well!Very happy with the cooler and piping!!!!! perfect fitment also!I was suprised at how easy it was to move the air con lines out of the way, given that it was talked up to be a pain in the ass - I managed to grab them with my hand and pull up so maybe I was just lucky!the only part of the install that had me confused was the sensor on the drivers side of the FPV intercooler. It looks like a pressure sensor with two wires coming off it. There is no where to fit these wires on the new cooler though.... ??can I leave it unplugged or do I have to fit this up to something or what??? do all turbo's have this sensor on their cooler or is at an FPV thing??I can't find any previous posts on this exact sensor - only issues with the other sensor that was bolted to the aluminium piping from factory but I have no dramas with that.I havent started it yet as it has no catalytic converter at the moment any help is much appriciatedcheers, Kevo
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 16/11/08 01:36 PM Posted 16/11/08 01:36 PM Was it a sensor that goes onto the under battery pipe (before the intercooler)? If so your new pipe work should a spot for it to screw back onto.
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Posted 16/11/08 04:29 PM Posted 16/11/08 04:29 PM the sensor on the F6 cooler is the boost sender for your boost gauge. You will find your boost gauge will read full boost all the time with the sensor not connected. You could drill and tap a hole in the new cooler and fit it if you wanted too
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 17/11/08 01:51 AM Posted 17/11/08 01:51 AM ooooh I didn't know they had one there. I'd probably ditch the factory boost gauge and install an aftermarket one anyway if I were you. If you plan to go aftermarket boost gauge then don't go drilling/tapping new holes in your intercooler as you can just use a t-piece on your vac/boost line and go mechanical boost gauge anyway.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 17/11/08 02:24 AM Posted 17/11/08 02:24 AM Does anyone know what thread it is?
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Posted 17/11/08 05:41 AM Posted 17/11/08 05:41 AM Does anyone know what thread it is?I think its 1/4 BSP
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 14/09/11 08:58 AM Posted 14/09/11 08:58 AM I think its 1/4 BSPlookin for a bolt to plug the hole???is 1/4 BSP the right thread???cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now