marek Member 32 Member For: 17y 11m 2d Gender: Male Posted 05/11/08 10:08 AM Posted 05/11/08 10:08 AM hi, ive noticed driving my bf xr6t , that some times ill be driving and the traction control is deactived (meaning light is staying on) and I cant turn it back on I have to turn the car off and then backl on ?care has standard tune and all done to the car are guages thanks
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 7m Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 05/11/08 11:57 AM Posted 05/11/08 11:57 AM I find if I loose traction for longer that 3 secs(which is quite often especially in the wet) the TC will stay off and wont turn back on without restart. Is that what you mean or does it turn off randomly?
marek Member 32 Member For: 17y 11m 2d Gender: Male Posted 05/11/08 12:25 PM Author Posted 05/11/08 12:25 PM I find if I loose traction for longer that 3 secs(which is quite often especially in the wet) the TC will stay off and wont turn back on without restart. Is that what you mean or does it turn off randomly?if turns on automatically crusin down the street and I cant turn it back on I have to pull over and turn the car off to get it going thanks
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 06/11/08 03:39 AM Posted 06/11/08 03:39 AM if its doing it to a stocker then take it into ford, you probably have a fault with one of the sensors
F6RD Legacy Donating Member 249 Member For: 18y 29d Gender: Male Posted 06/11/08 09:05 AM Posted 06/11/08 09:05 AM yeah I had the same problem with mine. I just took the front wheel off and undone the abs sensor and gave it a clean. its magnetic and picks up heaps metal shards. The benefit I had was I went to ford and he plugged a computer in and was able to tell me which wheel it was. Its just a 8mm bolt that you undo. You might aswell clean both front sensors. Hope that helps you.
marek Member 32 Member For: 17y 11m 2d Gender: Male Posted 06/11/08 11:10 AM Author Posted 06/11/08 11:10 AM thanks alot for all you input
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now