silverbolt Member 13 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/10/08 10:40 PM Posted 21/10/08 10:40 PM FriendsI would like to know where I can get the tripod gauge holder from. I need one that sits perfectly and maintains the original look on the dash. The guages I would like to put on is boost, oil pressure and oil temp.I would also would like to know if fitting these gauges would void my factory warranty as I have 2 years warranty left. Please give me some suggestions
PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 21/10/08 11:21 PM Posted 21/10/08 11:21 PM (edited) that's an easy one to kick start the day! Pole Position Auto produce and sell the tripod, they are also an advertiser on here, there are a couple of second hand ones floating around on the forum but if you want a new one they are $155 bucks, heres the link:PPA WebsiteIf you havent already got the gauges, I recommend the ozegauge, they look awesome at night, reliable and Scott is very helpful if you have any issues.Ozegauge WebsiteAs for your warranty, it shouldnt effect it in anyway. Edited 21/10/08 11:22 PM by PURVIE
Guest Guests Posted 22/10/08 12:33 AM Posted 22/10/08 12:33 AM It wont affect warranty at all so long as they're installed by an auto electrician, no backyard styles!As for purchasing, Pole Position offer both the Tripod & Xforce guages as a package. The guages are stepper motor ones like the Ozeguages & match the dash lights perfectly. Give Jeff a call & he'll sort you out with a good price
Guest Guests Posted 22/10/08 01:26 AM Posted 22/10/08 01:26 AM Tripods look far better than the twin pod styles IMO. I'm swapping my FPV setup for tripod as soon as I can be bothered pulling the icc out
silverbolt Member 13 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/08 02:00 AM Author Posted 22/10/08 02:00 AM FriendsThank you very much for your suggestions. Lastly any place around sydney wheer I can get this gauges installed and how much does it cost roughly.
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/08 02:07 AM Posted 22/10/08 02:07 AM any auto elec should be able to do it mate
Guest Guests Posted 22/10/08 02:08 AM Posted 22/10/08 02:08 AM Any auto electrician will be able to do it & shouldn't cost more then $150
silverbolt Member 13 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/08 04:07 AM Author Posted 22/10/08 04:07 AM FriendsAnyone used those Supercheap auto gauges called "Calibre" All electrical (except boost and vac)Come with all senders and wiring, range from like $50 to $70 for the 52mm
Guest Guests Posted 22/10/08 04:27 AM Posted 22/10/08 04:27 AM Link Sound a bit tacky from the price & the fact they're from supercheap...
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/08 04:36 AM Posted 22/10/08 04:36 AM spend a lil extra and get quality man. I got some brand new cobalts on ebay for like 200
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now