PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 12/10/08 12:21 PM Posted 12/10/08 12:21 PM WHERES THE POPCORN!? Ahh there it is...
510_XR Member 9 Member For: 17y 27d Gender: Male Posted 03/09/09 02:04 PM Posted 03/09/09 02:04 PM Yeah mate.. I wouldnt think that turbo rule would change just cause you get under the kw rule..
dashturbo Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 18y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Watsonia Posted 04/09/09 05:27 AM Posted 04/09/09 05:27 AM (edited) If you want to find out if you can drive it on your P's you will need to apply to VicRoads.It is banned at the moment because it is a petrol turbo (stupid rule) but vicroads state that you can apply for an exception (if its under 125kw/tonne), perhaps push the point that it is a 5 star rated car with DSC and curtains airbags...our quick calcs work out that it is under the 125kw/tonne limit, 166/1400 = 118 kw/tonne. So if you word it right should be in with a chance.I cant see why they wouldn't let you apply. The Euroncap rating for the focus was considered one of the best ever.you can get the details and form here:http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/initiatives/safer_road_users/new_graduated_licensi/high_powered_vehicle_restrictions_that_apply_if_yo.htmlP.S. I'm with coolkid, if you wanted to decrease fatalities: ban motorbikes... not saying they should do that I'm saying that a lot of people die on motorbikes, yet we ban cars because they have a pressurised induction.. that is stupidP.P.S I'm sensing some hostility...perhaps this will help:coutesy = courtesyenthusiest = enthusiastof = off Edited 04/09/09 05:39 AM by dashturbo
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m 1d Posted 05/09/09 01:40 PM Posted 05/09/09 01:40 PM Above laws do not apply to WA....yet.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 20d Posted 28/12/11 03:37 AM Posted 28/12/11 03:37 AM P.S. I'm with coolkid, if you wanted to decrease fatalities: ban motorbikes... that's a pretty big generalisation.I've ridden bikes and the scariest part for me was the dickhead drivers that don't pay any attention at all, too busy on phones, playing with stereo, headphones on etcThere are some idiots on bikes, but theres just as many in cars too, just think they're safer/invincible inside their metal cage.I find people that ride or have ridden bikes (sensibly) are alot more cautious drivers too. If only everyone could be more open minded.
M_crisp Legacy Donating Member 259 Member For: 15y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 28/12/11 05:07 AM Posted 28/12/11 05:07 AM Bloody stupid rule. Correct someone that's just starting driving lacks experience and is much more likely to have an accident in a high power car.BUT!. which of these 2 would be better to drive a high performance car.A P plater that has been driving a T for a year,Or a 25 year old that's driven nothing but gutless front wheel drive cars.obviously the p plater has more experince in a high powered car than the older person that may or may not have EVER driven a rear wheel drive car before.the power restriction rules have just been introduced in SA in the last few months and I was lucky enough to have already had my p's before the cut off and got my turbo ute.But My mum wont even go near the bloody thing. after driving one of my dads previous ltd's with a 351 she is not confident in driving a high powered car. and whats a zj fairlane compared to a worked T.Before I rattle on more than I already have. driving a fiesta for 5 years dose NOT give you the experience to drive a high powered car that you could have learned after 6 months of driving a high powered car.
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Posted 28/12/11 05:19 AM Posted 28/12/11 05:19 AM that's a pretty big generalisation.I've ridden bikes and the scariest part for me was the dickhead drivers that don't pay any attention at all, too busy on phones, playing with stereo, headphones on etcThere are some idiots on bikes, but theres just as many in cars too, just think they're safer/invincible inside their metal cage.I find people that ride or have ridden bikes (sensibly) are alot more cautious drivers too. If only everyone could be more open minded.your responding to a 2 year old post?LOL
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 20d Posted 28/12/11 06:45 AM Posted 28/12/11 06:45 AM your responding to a 2 year old post?LOLAll the spam porn posts earlier today dug this up...
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Posted 28/12/11 07:31 AM Posted 28/12/11 07:31 AM All the spam porn posts earlier today dug this up...Damn I must have missed those
H0NES7 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 6m 10d Posted 01/08/12 11:56 AM Posted 01/08/12 11:56 AM nah no chance
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now