waytooslow Member 12 Member For: 18y 24d Posted 14/09/08 01:16 PM Posted 14/09/08 01:16 PM g'day everyone, 2 weeks ago I picked up an 03 citric acid auto with leather,18s for 16k, got a bargain,was just in the right place I spose, now my problem is I dont know what to do with my series1 auxr6,its weird hopping out one into the other, the t is obviously quicker but the au (manual is better around town, it has much better throttle response and you know you're in a lighter car. do all stock turbos feel a bit unresponsive down low or is that its an auto and that's the way they are, cheers
Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 14/09/08 01:21 PM Posted 14/09/08 01:21 PM errr it MAY be due to the gearing as it's a BA with the old 4 speed... they are a very lanky box... great for pulling low revs on the highway runs around the place... but until you get some more power most people I know find them a little sluggish.These cars run really low boost for what the turbo is capable of so there isnt really a problem with lag until you go silly with HUGE turbo's even then they are much better than most ricers which even the stock turbo's even take too long to spool.Congrats on the purchase anyhoo
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/09/08 01:22 PM Posted 14/09/08 01:22 PM turbo cars never have the responce down low as a N/ A engine does.mainly due to the restriction in the inlet and exhaust of a slowly spinning -unboosting turboif u flash tune the baby ull notice a nice differance mateenjoy
t6xr Member 826 Member For: 18y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: MELB STH EAST Posted 14/09/08 05:59 PM Posted 14/09/08 05:59 PM Start doing some mods to the T and the AU will be just a fading memory, congrates you'll wont look back
Ryan Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 18y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/09/08 03:56 AM Posted 15/09/08 03:56 AM Waytoslow, mate you'll love the BA once you get some mods done, flash tune it and you will see a big difference mate!I went from a AUIII XR6 to the xr6T and never looked back mate!
waytooslow Member 12 Member For: 18y 24d Posted 15/09/08 08:30 AM Author Posted 15/09/08 08:30 AM yeah, I will be flashtuning asap, its weird,ive got the car ive always wanted and know im looking for things to nitpick about, I guess going from a quick (for an au) to a stock t I was expecting to be blown away, literally! I remember the last t I test drove and it was chirping the tyres on the upshift from 1st to second gear, this one wont do that, the old au used to embarrass plenty of na ba's until I came across a t one day and karma got me
Ryan Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 18y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/09/08 05:10 AM Posted 16/09/08 05:10 AM blame fords lax tollerances mate, some are weapons some are slugs from the factory, plenty of evidence around to back that up (stock dyno runs etc) Dont worry tune it and you wont be nit picking anymore mate!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now