GreyXR6_Turbo Member 60 Member For: 18y 23d Posted 13/09/08 11:04 PM Posted 13/09/08 11:04 PM Gday all, I just bought a new xr6 turbo from a dealership in sydney. I was offered the paint protection crap from the start, for $1700, of course I refused it as I was already over budget and it sounded like a bit of a scam. However, now I was just asking advice as to what is the best way I can preserve the paint on this car. (it is ego in colour). Does anyone know a comprehensive guide to detailing a car on the net which they have used and it works for them? I will be driving the car on dirt roads occasionally and mostly be parked outside, and I wanted some form of protection which will protect from bird crap and that sort of thing. Ive heard that pinnicle make a good wax etc. I dont really paying a bit more for something that will do the job a bit better if you know what I mean. Any help apprenciated. I did try to do a search on here, but couldnt find much, correct me if I am wrong. Cheers,
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 13/09/08 11:09 PM Posted 13/09/08 11:09 PM here ya go mate, click here Don't forget the pics when you're done!
SUS-XR6 Member 36 Member For: 18y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: NSW , The Burrows Posted 14/09/08 04:06 AM Posted 14/09/08 04:06 AM My car is parked outside often aswell , I just wash and wax it once a week, the wax is great stuff helps keep the car clean and protects it from dirt and sh*t.
FordMember1559 Legacy Donating Member 148 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Posted 14/09/08 04:38 AM Posted 14/09/08 04:38 AM here ya go mate, click here Don't forget the pics when you're done!Just follow the steps in the above thread, I did and my baby looks amazing and so easy to maintain.
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 25d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 14/09/08 05:38 AM Posted 14/09/08 05:38 AM Check out the websitewaxit.com (not sure if it got .au on the end)Heaps of good info and products there.
Dream Machines Member 54 Member For: 20y 3m 16d Posted 15/09/08 09:24 AM Posted 15/09/08 09:24 AM (edited) Check out the websitewaxit.com (not sure if it got .au on the end)Heaps of good info and products there.yes indeedy. I highly recommend Zaino, GLARE, Toughseal and any sealants/waxes from wax itFrom other thread, The trims around the windows and the wiper arms- glare micro finish and pro polishthe windscreen cowling - G Techniq C1 - see herePlease note: this was a sample from G Techniq UK, I do not work for them or sell ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S28-XvUYdYE Edited 15/09/08 09:25 AM by Dream Machines
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now