Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Boost Addict
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Belcompton
Posted

I believe for the BF XR6T model the cam profiles were chaneged aswell as the addition of variable valve timing.

As for the XR6T valve springs and conrods, I thought they were upgraded in Late May of early June of 2006 to Typhoon Spec.

Unfortunately for me, mine is an April 2006 model :bowdown: If only I'd know before hand

  • Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gawler
Posted

BA to BF was 5Kw but more meaningful was torque went from 450Nm to 480Nm

  • rob327
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD
Posted

I read somewhere the late model BFs have the same bottom end as the typhoons? not sure

Few interior changes mentioned... really minor ones... more silver bits etc, and in BF the clock pod.. and Bfs have that stability thing that my BA doesnt...

theres also something different about the thermo fans / radiator set up, fins on either side of it that divert air differently, or something.. I read it on here... ive only got the BA II though... not sure of much...

The BF bar looks better... like the one in the header.. BA bar is VT styled

  • Drift Queen
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Bf 05 model has massive issues with modded exaust's, engine light just comes on and you have to get it flashed out. just a minor thing ive come across

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 26d
Posted
those vents are not limited to the ba premo pack, my ba pov pack has them. they are completely useless but!

they cooled your nuts nicely. Now I have a hot pair whenever I am in the bf!

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

So the BF MK II has typhoon valve springs?

Does anyone know what the BF MK II upgrade is, and what month cars have this? I heard it was a upgrade to make the turbo more quite - but why? ! !

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 7d
Posted (edited)

I thought the BF Mk II upgrade was cosmetics only - 18" wheels and premo sound. This was added in at no charge to the base price of the XR6T. It was basically a run-out of BFs before the FG came along. I don't believe there were any changes to mechanicals/turbo etc.

Not sure about when they were available.

They seemed to be running for a fair while - from mid 07 ?

hth

ws

Edited by wiresquire
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

hrm I guess this sounds more the case, I only heard rumous about mechanical changes.

  • New Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 2d
Posted

Full list for your perusal

BF XR6 & XR6 Turbo

• New sports front bumper

• New tail lamps

• New 17" alloy wheel

• New optional 18" alloy wheel

• New shifter with optional six-speed automatic transmission

• New soft-feel door grab handles with satin chrome inserts

• New Liquid Metal finish on Interior Command Centre fascia, centre console and rear air vent register

• New seat fabrics and trim inserts

• New paint colours: Toxic, Bionic, Fantasy and Déjà Vu

:ermm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...