urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 18/08/08 11:12 PM Posted 18/08/08 11:12 PM I have a late 2004 (Mk1) Xr6 Turbo. 4 Speed AUTO - Approx 200rwkw = Apart from Zorst from cat back twin 2 1/2"/K&N/Thermostat THIS CAR IS STOCK.I drive in manual mode 90% of the time unless on highway.Have had replaced under warranty due to clunk.Tailshaft x1Diff Bush x2Diff seal x1Axle Rubbers? In both sides where axels connect to diff?Other gearbox bits im pretty sure.It is still knocking when I change down from 2nd to first at approx 20km/h and sometimes at other various gear/speeds.My Manufac Warranty runs out in Sep next year.Is there anything they can do to fix this fuking thing? Im over it....Ive been putting it off and only going back every 6 months to get it replaced coz its very annoying.At $900 minimum a pop I dont wanna do this after sep next year.This is for sure a manufac issue and im not going to pay for anything to do with this sh*t after my warranty runs out.
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/08/08 11:46 PM Posted 18/08/08 11:46 PM Reading Mal Woods advise, 90% of the driveline shunt is caused by sloppy CV joints. I'd look at the AADI brand replacement CV's and see if they have any backlash from new (see if you can check a pair out at a bursons)I have a clunk, as do 90% of BA owners, especially with custom tunes and firmer shifts, aftermarket firmer diff bush, its inevitable.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 19/08/08 12:16 AM Posted 19/08/08 12:16 AM Its just standard.Any Ford representitives??I.B.
XR6Turbo22 Member 86 Member For: 19y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/08/08 12:48 AM Posted 19/08/08 12:48 AM
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 19/08/08 03:13 AM Author Posted 19/08/08 03:13 AM Reading Mal Woods advise, 90% of the driveline shunt is caused by sloppy CV joints. I'd look at the AADI brand replacement CV's and see if they have any backlash from new (see if you can check a pair out at a bursons)I have a clunk, as do 90% of BA owners, especially with custom tunes and firmer shifts, aftermarket firmer diff bush, its inevitable.I think u missed the point.Mine is stock......I want it fixed.......im not going to pay for it..........its under warranty.......it keeps happening........im fukin over it.......ITS A FUKIN DESIGN FAULTNo what I mean?
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 19/08/08 03:54 AM Posted 19/08/08 03:54 AM Mate im just as frustrated with the diff clunk issue and mines an 06 build. The full monty was offering an alternatve fix to your problem as he is anticipating the typical Ford run around which you are up for. Im going though it as well, and most of us on here have and Ford has become very good at fobbing all our warrnaty claims off. Plenty of other topics on here about Fraud service and lack of it. Just make this your last Ford as I will be doing.There fun to drive, but too unreliable.I.B.
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 19/08/08 04:12 AM Author Posted 19/08/08 04:12 AM My bro in law has a BF2 F6 and same issue as well....so much for a 60k carFord WILL be fixing mine permanently..... stay tunedor they will give me an FG
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 19/08/08 05:26 AM Posted 19/08/08 05:26 AM I think and now regret, not keeping a diary of whats gone wrong with the car and how many times its been into Ford. If you were to fight these issues through Fair Trading such a diary would be extremely avantageous to your complaint.There is this loud bell ringing at the moment that Ford needs to start taking notice of. Either fix the poor reliability or fix the service departments attitude towards these reliabilty issues, though both would be nice.I.B.
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 19/08/08 06:38 AM Author Posted 19/08/08 06:38 AM I just want my car not to clunk....and not to clunk after the warranty runs out.Ill take it back monthly if I have to.I wonder what would happen if I have had 10 Diff bushes replaced under warranty and then it goes after the warrabty runs out?Maybe Ford can buy and install an aftermarket one? It would be cheaper in the long run
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/08/08 06:40 AM Posted 19/08/08 06:40 AM I have the same issue in my BA 1 xr6t. Clunks when I shift, when I slow down and take off. Not happy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now