Matt_971 Member 41 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Posted 02/08/08 09:22 AM Posted 02/08/08 09:22 AM Hey guysOther day after driving the Xr6t it developed a weird problem.Took off nice n gentle to some traffic lights. Stopped and car was idling BAD. sounded like only running on 4cyls.Give it a rev and revved different too. Took off from lights as cars all around me I couldnt stop and all of a sudden it came good.I remember a while ago a drive a mates Ba series 1 xr6t ute. As we pulling into his garage it done the same thing but I think his done it worse. tunred key off and started it fine.Any ideas what this is. is it a recognised problem from ford?By the way mine is a series 2 xr6t sedan manual.CheersMatt
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 02/08/08 09:32 AM Posted 02/08/08 09:32 AM Coil packs?
Matt_971 Member 41 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Posted 02/08/08 10:15 AM Author Posted 02/08/08 10:15 AM would it be.has only done it once so far. and it wasnt wet or anything that day. and the other ute I remember this happening to was fine. it done it now n then but always ran fine.weird
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 23d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 03/08/08 02:52 AM Posted 03/08/08 02:52 AM (edited) mate I've had heaps of probs with idling. unless it starts stalling I wouldn't worry.Could be a couple of thingsDirty throttle bodyTPS (if this is problem, should get warning light on dash)CoilsMine seems to have come good recently with some mods., but I'm touching wood. Edited 03/08/08 02:52 AM by XRPete
Broaders77 Member 73 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Posted 04/08/08 03:23 AM Posted 04/08/08 03:23 AM My BF Auto is doing something similar - when taking off from stopped either in first or second it almost dies for a second before accelerating and the idle can be up and down. I'm having a full inspection on Sat so will let you know what the mechanic says.
Concorde Member 7 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Gosnells WA Posted 06/08/08 02:55 AM Posted 06/08/08 02:55 AM I had this problem a while ago and it turned out to be the injectors, Ford dealer put some injector flush through it and been sweet as ever since...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now