Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 30/07/08 09:20 AM Posted 30/07/08 09:20 AM (edited) Hi guys,I need some advice... I bought my BA MK II XR6T a couple of weeks ago with a 6 speed manual...My problem... I cant take off... LOL When I go to take off quickly I get a massive amount of "turbo lag" (I think that's what it is...) The car seems to bog down...I haven't owned a turbo before, so I am not used to driving them... I am used to my old xr8...It has a couple of upgrades and should fly once I get it tuned :-) I am so glad FORD finally brought out a car that can pump a HSV... The guy in the clubby was pissed, especially seeing as he (originally) thought I was driving an XR6 NA cause my car is debadged...So, my question is... How do I get the best launch? Traction control on/off? How many revs, clutch dump? How much throttle???Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I want to lead at the other side of the lights and continue to accelerate!!! It is a great feeling to accelerate from a HSV... I had never been able to do it before!Cheers,Worm Edited 30/07/08 09:28 AM by seventytwo Talking about street racing is against forum rules
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Gender: Male Posted 30/07/08 09:32 AM Posted 30/07/08 09:32 AM Get some semi sliks and SAVE IT 4 THE TRACK !!!
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 30/07/08 09:40 AM Author Posted 30/07/08 09:40 AM Oops... I am new here...Will shut my mouth...How do I launch my T for the drag strip? :-) May have to try Caulder...Worm
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 30/07/08 10:17 AM Posted 30/07/08 10:17 AM I use the heel toe method to get about 2500 rpm and try and slip it a little (aftermarket clutch) you have to feel it, this gives me a little squeal on takeoff without frying the tyres.I also use low boost in 1st gear and untill second stops spinning then hit it with full boost.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFi7zfMWE1M
Nashy Member 96 Member For: 18y 4m 1d Location: Tully, QLD Posted 31/07/08 01:39 AM Posted 31/07/08 01:39 AM buy an fg launch control woo
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 31/07/08 01:49 AM Posted 31/07/08 01:49 AM 2.5 to 3k rpm clutch slip for me. dont be brutal with the clutch as it wont hang on, but once the car is moving a bti get off it asap. seems to work ok for me!
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 31/07/08 03:41 PM Posted 31/07/08 03:41 PM (edited) lolauto hold at 2000rpm while on brakelet go off brake, 3/4 throttle... for first 4000rpm... then full throttle to 5500changemy guage just slides to 5500 in second... as fast as I can blink of my eyeschange again...check for cops... or ull loose your car for a week.... if they can catch you Edited 31/07/08 03:43 PM by djkice
YLD-11Z Member 178 Member For: 18y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 02/08/08 02:56 PM Posted 02/08/08 02:56 PM djkice he said he has a manual, why would he want to know about an auto.Worm:My suggestion because you have an xr6 turbo clutch is to not slip it or ride it at all. you will wear your clutch out very quickly expecially if its a BA. Rev to 2500 - 3000 and drop it. If your tyres are spinning too much try a bigger burnoutAndrew
groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Posted 03/08/08 04:39 AM Posted 03/08/08 04:39 AM you need launch control my man... builds boost in neautral before you let the clutch out...
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 03/08/08 05:11 AM Posted 03/08/08 05:11 AM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B3UfZNHzmw
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now