What Fuel To Use? Bp Ultimate Or Shell V Power

Coley

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 19d

100% sure.

Put in a fresh tank of Caltex 98 (well it was from the 98 fuel nozzle, but I am convinced that it must have been 95 octane - maybe petrol station stuff up? Paul said he has seen the same thing several times before with Caltex 98 fuel in Qld) before I had my nizpro stage 2.5 kit fitted. That what I was told when I picked it up. I went back 2 weeks later with a fresh tank of Shell V Power and the end result was 362 rwkw.

No other changes bar the fuel.

Luke G

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d

at the end of the day the best fuel you will get is from a servo that sells mostly 98 fuel, I use shell, bp and caltex 98 fuels ans have found them all to be better than each other at one time or another and I only buy generally from 3 different stations, I have noticed that the fuel from a particualr petrol station is usually better when it seems to be a thursday at one of the servo's cause that is when the tanks get filled at that servo in the morning. Worst place I have ever bought fuel for was in townsville many a time I needed to drain the tank and go to another servo cause the octane rating was low causing the motor to retard from the knock sensor.

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d

I heard Shell 98 was sh*te, and only to use either Caltex Vortex 98 (No. 1 choice) or BP Ultimate... But as for not every Caltex stocking Vortex 98 is a stupid stupid move...

• Member For: 18y 2m 19d

Six of one half a dozen of the other...

I use Vortex 98 cause I have been burned with drity fuel by BP and Shell. Not with my car now but with my old EL XR6. Drove around for a week with the car spluttering all over the place. Filled up with Vortex after finishing the dirty fuel and everything was fine on both occassions.