Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 26/06/08 10:38 PM Posted 26/06/08 10:38 PM Hi all,Well, I want to dump the phoon on the down-low. So ordering some super lows for the front, and getting super super lows for the rear and having the compressed further so it will sit lower again, over all goal is to get it tuckin 20's.Got a few questions, going this low, will I need to do anything with the rear struts? Or will they get that low with out too many dramas?Also, having the guards rolled, pumped and flared so it wont scrub, but is there anything else I should do to the rear?Ill get photos up in about 2 weeks.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 27/06/08 03:11 AM Posted 27/06/08 03:11 AM Moose,I had super lows and compressed super super lows in my BA which made it sit nice and level. If you go SSL in the front I think you'll have to compress the rears quite a bit to get the level look. Becareful doing this as the suspension arms on the rear will be getting very close to each other when you take the nylon type stoppers out between them. You will also need to adjust your rear camber quite a bit to stop the tyres from wearing out on the inside. Going really low is going to effect your handling and ride quality.
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 27/06/08 04:32 AM Posted 27/06/08 04:32 AM (edited) Comming from a guy with one of the lowest T's ( well I used to be ) with the back you will only need to roll the gaurds if you go 275's also you will need to cut your bump stops off, I never had a issue with camber or uneven wear on the back. But I have blown CVs as a result of it being so lowNow the front is a totally different story I had massive issues when I dumped the front, my shocks went with in a week when I full locked the wheel I scraped the inner guards ( which both sides ended up melting and falling off ) so now I have no inner guards.Also if I need to turn the wheel lets saying going down a driveway it would flare my gaurds out and crack the paint and then I would have to roll it back to shape, I also had massive camber issues with the front and major uneven wear.So all in all the back is pretty easy the front is the tricky part, I would do it all again if it wasnt for the cops, and blowing CV's.My setup was ssl compressed half an inch front, and ssl compressed an inch and half on the back, with 225/20 front - 245/20 back.Good luck mate Edited 27/06/08 04:42 AM by YPURV4
Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 29/06/08 11:13 PM Author Posted 29/06/08 11:13 PM Well, got my springs Saturday... ended up with Super Super Lows for the back and Lows for the front, so bonus.Having the fronts compressed another inch this week (havnt put them in yet, but lows wont cut the cheese). Put the SSL's in Saturday, sits lower now, tucks almost all the tyre, but I want it to tuck the rim aswell, so going to have them compressed another inch maybe inch and a half this week also.I have one photo of it that got snapped at the spit yesterday, will post more later.
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 29/06/08 11:24 PM Posted 29/06/08 11:24 PM Looks like your going to have to watch that front guard.There is a few scrape marks allready.Looks nice
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 29/06/08 11:26 PM Posted 29/06/08 11:26 PM Yeah going by the pic the front can come down a bit more, maybe I have ssl compressed in the front. going by avarta mine is heaps dumped in the front.I didnt think you could get BF's in orange, looks tuff.
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 30/06/08 06:45 AM Posted 30/06/08 06:45 AM Going by your pic mate... my ute sits exactly the same since I had the front raised.I can't stand it, it looks like the utes front nose is pointing up at the sky.You gotta side on pic?
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 30/06/08 08:31 AM Posted 30/06/08 08:31 AM ypurv4 is right, you will have the most trouble with the front. I had major camber issues with mine, and onlt have 10mm between the guard and tyre on full lock. it rubs a fair bit. I havent had a problem with the plastic inner rubbing though.that was with custom made kmac springs.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 30/06/08 12:38 PM Posted 30/06/08 12:38 PM Dam that looks low on 17s!F6 looks nice Moose, drop the front a touch and it'll look awesome.I had pedders ssl on mine, looked great but they were too soft and handled like crap... changed them for King track springs made for an XR8, alot firmer and handles like a euro... doesnt lo good though lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now