SAPNEN Legacy Donating Member 278 Member For: 18y 5m 4d Gender: Male Posted 27/05/08 05:01 AM Posted 27/05/08 05:01 AM Just wondering if anyone else has got one of these from CAPA with the generic tunes on it?I flashed the 10psi program on, took the beast for a quiet drive, then gave it a bit of stick to see what it would be likeIt pinged in 2nd under load ... I quickly released my planted foot and babyed it home. Took it back to standard. Fearing the local 98octane wasn't up to standard I put octane booster in the fuel and topped up with 98 ultimate...I let the new juice swerl around in the tank a little before puttin the 10psi prog back on... This time when I flashed it on I made the AFR 4% richer (you can change settings like this on the Xcal II right before flashing, its cool) On the test drive all was good, but then it pinged under load in 3rd at bout 5000RPM So after this I thought stuff it, more octane booster (prob around 102ron sittin in the tank now) and 10% richerTest drive went well, again herd the slightest sound (maybe it was pinging maybe it was tyres shriekin) but I know the ping sound So I've changed the AFR to 14% richer (the max the tuner will allow me).I havent herd it ping but I'm scared it may still be happening unbeknownst to meAnyway if someone has the same generic tune on the Xcal II from CAPA and has experienced something similar I would love to hear bout itOther than that 10psi is good fun and really puts ya back in ya seat! Thanks
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/05/08 05:04 AM Posted 27/05/08 05:04 AM Gapped the Plugs? Sounds stupid but people do forget.
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 27/05/08 05:06 AM Posted 27/05/08 05:06 AM do u have any timing ajustment.if so pull out some timing.
XR6 Turbo Developments Member 100 Member For: 18y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Dandenong Posted 27/05/08 05:55 AM Posted 27/05/08 05:55 AM (edited) If the gap is too small you will find it will just blow the flame out causing it to sound like it misfiring under load. gap your plugs to 0.8mmWhat were your AFRs when it was pinging? Lean it out a little and just pull some timing out of it. Running it rich will foul your plugs. You best bet when you get a few $$$ is get a custom tune done on it. You will be amazed just how much power it wil pick up...Good luck with it. Edited 27/05/08 05:57 AM by XR6 Turbo Developments
SAPNEN Legacy Donating Member 278 Member For: 18y 5m 4d Gender: Male Posted 27/05/08 06:17 AM Author Posted 27/05/08 06:17 AM If the gap is too small you will find it will just blow the flame out causing it to sound like it misfiring under load. gap your plugs to 0.8mmWhat were your AFRs when it was pinging? Lean it out a little and just pull some timing out of it. Running it rich will foul your plugs. You best bet when you get a few $$$ is get a custom tune done on it. You will be amazed just how much power it wil pick up...Good luck with it.no I din't gap the plugs cause the cars only done 8000k's, I was scared to lean it out because I thought it would ping more. I can adjust the spark but I am not experienced enough to mess with it...think custom will be the go, being that I have already folked out for the tuner which is the more expensive part, should be able to get the tune done and sparks gapped for $400. after a couple of pay days of course!
Nizpro Member 89 Member For: 20y 11m 1d Gender: Male Posted 27/05/08 06:21 AM Posted 27/05/08 06:21 AM If the gap is too small you will find it will just blow the flame out causing it to sound like it misfiring under load. gap your plugs to 0.8mmWhat were your AFRs when it was pinging? Lean it out a little and just pull some timing out of it. Running it rich will foul your plugs. You best bet when you get a few $$$ is get a custom tune done on it. You will be amazed just how much power it wil pick up...Good luck with it. I think Jim had a typo he means the gap to big.
gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 27/05/08 09:37 AM Posted 27/05/08 09:37 AM if you want some pre-gapped iridium plugs, I see there is a set on ebay ATM. they are ready to go.I have the Xcal2 as well. I loaded the 10psi tune on my BA MkII XR6T and havent had a problem or a ping at all. Have always run BP Ultimate in it though.
XR6 Turbo Developments Member 100 Member For: 18y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Dandenong Posted 27/05/08 01:32 PM Posted 27/05/08 01:32 PM (edited) I think Jim had a typo he means the gap to big.Thanks for that Simon.Try this plug mate NGK BKR6EIX Edited 28/05/08 12:26 AM by XR6 Turbo Developments
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 27/05/08 01:47 PM Posted 27/05/08 01:47 PM Thanks for that Simon.Try this plug mate NGK BRP6EIXOP it's BKR6EIX
SAPNEN Legacy Donating Member 278 Member For: 18y 5m 4d Gender: Male Posted 30/05/08 04:39 AM Author Posted 30/05/08 04:39 AM OP it's BKR6EIXThanks all, when I get home I'll get some plugs and a dyno custom tune for the beast... Right before the tawoomba cruise QLD... sweeeet What sort of price am I lookin at for those plugs?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now