antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 22d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 18/05/08 02:17 AM Posted 18/05/08 02:17 AM Not having much luck I must say!Replaced the fuel filter, took the old one off with all my strength, but now can't put the new one on.THe fuel line bolt closest to the engine is threaded and won't tighten one bit. What should I do?!
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 18/05/08 02:58 AM Posted 18/05/08 02:58 AM I dont know how the bolt would have stripped b4 the fuel filter. Check you fuel filter I think it would have stripped first then you might just have to by a new one.
antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 22d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 18/05/08 03:18 AM Author Posted 18/05/08 03:18 AM Yeah it's weird... I undid the connected side, then the side I was having problems with screwed in fine.But now I can't screw in the rear side now. It's like the Filter won't let me screw in both side... Only one each. Driving me nuts. Might try the old filter again, see how that works.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/05/08 03:47 AM Posted 18/05/08 03:47 AM You're are turning the nuts on the pipes and not the filter body to try and tighten it aren't you?
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 18/05/08 04:08 AM Posted 18/05/08 04:08 AM Hahahaha! One would hope so!
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 18/05/08 04:39 AM Posted 18/05/08 04:39 AM You're are turning the nuts on the pipes and not the filter body to try and tighten it aren't you? lol
antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 22d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 18/05/08 05:18 AM Author Posted 18/05/08 05:18 AM Yeah of course I'm trying to turn the nuts and not the filter.Now I'm stuffed anyway... Rounded one of the nuts and can't get the filter off one of the lines. I've done a full service this weekend, and the fuel filter has been the hardest thing I've done. Little bastard.
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 18/05/08 05:43 AM Posted 18/05/08 05:43 AM Ha, you relly are in the wars mate. Take it easy, use some strong pliers to get the stripped one.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/05/08 05:55 AM Posted 18/05/08 05:55 AM Nah, he's in the sh!t now!New pipes for you! I bet they aren't cheap!
antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 22d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 18/05/08 06:16 AM Author Posted 18/05/08 06:16 AM Yeah gettin some vice grip pliers from a mate to try and rip the filter off and then try put the old one on that fit for sure.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now