FG-XR6T Member 177 Member For: 18y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/05/08 08:37 AM Posted 12/05/08 08:37 AM Hi Everyone,A close friend of mine has a BA XR6. A couple months ago at speeds of around 100kmph he gets a shutter which starts from the front wheels and then progresivley gets really bad in the steering wheel. I mean a really bad shutter, (So bad you can see it through his arms as he trys to fight it). As soon as he brakes though, it fixes the problem for a minute then starts again?He has spent lots of money for people to look at it and no 1 can find any thing. They replaced front suspension bushes which did improve the problem but still there and seems to be getting worse again. Its not wheel alignment or wheel balance. Even ford have no idea?Has any one had this problem or simular. Any suggestion would be great.ThankyouBen
da drone Member 16 Member For: 18y 11m 28d Posted 13/05/08 05:53 AM Posted 13/05/08 05:53 AM can he fill it in the whole car or just the steering wheel coz my ba's steering arm is a bit lose not enough to feel it but he might have it worse
Lilpaz Inactive Members 1 Member For: 18y 11m 2d Posted 13/05/08 10:32 AM Posted 13/05/08 10:32 AM Mate, go to a tyre place get your tyres taken off your rims and get them put on again... just had it done with my xr6 and solved all problems!
quick xr6 Suspended 229 Member For: 18y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 16/05/08 06:50 AM Posted 16/05/08 06:50 AM check the rims are not f*cked
80 RPM Member 46 Member For: 18y 10m 26d Posted 16/05/08 07:10 PM Posted 16/05/08 07:10 PM I have a similar problem only noticeable when you put your foot on the brake at 100km/hI just put it down to bad rotorsif you only hold the steering wheel lightly it just rocks side to sideif you grip it hard the whole car will shakebut only when slowing down with foot on the brake
mariod New Member 16 Member For: 20y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 09/06/08 02:24 PM Posted 09/06/08 02:24 PM I just had the same problem,I had to stop as well.had the car checked, they changed the spark plugs and it stopped I've driven the car once since then so at the moment its fine,so it might be something electrical not the steering,anyway might sound stupid but give it a try.
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 20d Posted 09/06/08 02:28 PM Posted 09/06/08 02:28 PM I have a similar problem only noticeable when you put your foot on the brake at 100km/hI just put it down to bad rotorsif you only hold the steering wheel lightly it just rocks side to sideif you grip it hard the whole car will shakebut only when slowing down with foot on the brakemachine your rotors
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 20d Posted 09/06/08 02:32 PM Posted 09/06/08 02:32 PM FG-XR6 I would swap some tyres and wheels off another BA XR, make sure they are the same size, and see if the problem goes away.
xr6tunv Member 47 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/06/08 06:52 AM Posted 13/06/08 06:52 AM I had same problem. Everytime I would be on highway or coming off 100 my wheel would shudder bad. TornadoJudd was right, get your rotors machined and tested. Now my car is perfect. looking at my reciept it only cost me $550 for machining, new front pads, change fluid, bleed brake system,etc. So its well worth the money
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/06/08 06:55 AM Posted 13/06/08 06:55 AM I had the same problem, I did everything you can think of but it was still there. The only thing left was the fact that I had cheap tyres on it that might of been out of balance.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now