Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 06/05/08 11:29 AM Posted 06/05/08 11:29 AM Mr Man, were you 'out' or just pain free?? my impressions were that the anesthesiologist would give you enough to knock you out, rather than just be pain free...I was out for the operation, but pain relief injection lasted for 8 hours after I woke up
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 11:49 AM Posted 06/05/08 11:49 AM Full set of chompers here.
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 06/05/08 11:51 AM Author Posted 06/05/08 11:51 AM Yeah I had all mine out under general, completely knocked out.On Panadeine Forte for the next few days, not as bad as I'd thought it'd be.I recommend going under general.Hook yourself up an icy pole from the nurse when you wake up too.and icy pole is subtle sexual reference for...
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Posted 06/05/08 12:50 PM Posted 06/05/08 12:50 PM I had 2 out in a chair under local. NEVER AGAIN.The bottom tooth was a difficult extraction and she dam nearly broke my jaw getting it out. The sound of getting them pulled is like having your head in a vice. After all was done a mouth full of blood and a prescription for some pain killers and I was sent home. When the local wore off I figured out they had managed to cut my tongue on the process and 2 pandine forte did sfa. Dentist told me to take another 1, that did nothing, ok go take some Tremil x 2, nope nothing ok, take a nurofen x 2. After ending up in hospital due to an overdose the pain eventually subsided. I would rather have my testicles poked with an ice pick.
Phoontastic Legacy Donating Member 262 Member For: 20y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 06/05/08 01:40 PM Posted 06/05/08 01:40 PM I had all four out in a day hospital. In and out in about 3 hours. Could have gone back to work but wasn't allowed to. Didn't need the panadiene forte, and only had a couple of panadol as a precaution a few hours later. The next day was back to normal other than being careful with the eating. No swelling either. The doctor was excellent, and deserved all the bucks I paid to keep his porsche payments going.
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 06/05/08 01:59 PM Posted 06/05/08 01:59 PM Mr Man, were you 'out' or just pain free?? my impressions were that the anesthesiologist would give you enough to knock you out, rather than just be pain free...Anesthesiologist?? Is that even a word mate?I thought they were called Anethitists (not sure of the spelling of course!!).Iv been supposed to have all four out for about the last 6 months as they are 'not coming through right' but I cant be bothered as it isnt causin me any pain.Get my tonsils out in a few weeks though so that should be fun... Any experience in this?
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 06/05/08 02:28 PM Author Posted 06/05/08 02:28 PM An anesthesiologist (American English), or anaesthetist (British English), also "anaesthesiologist," is a medical doctor trained to administer anesthesia and manage the medical care of patients before, during, and after surgery.potato - potato etcno experience with tonsils, other than the usual tongue and ... no, not going there.
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 06/05/08 02:44 PM Posted 06/05/08 02:44 PM (edited) Well - you learn something new everyday.Stand to be corrected lol, Cheers Dan.No, No - we wont go there... haha. Edited 06/05/08 02:45 PM by Dirty32
Bobman Member 67 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 04:35 PM Posted 06/05/08 04:35 PM It's bad enough going to the dentist for a check-up, let alone having your wisdom teeth removed!So many horror stories with wisdom tooth removals. But it sucks how teeth control so much when they're aching :(
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 04:48 PM Posted 06/05/08 04:48 PM I had mine done while I was in Thailand. When I awoke, my wisdom teeth were still there and I was missing 1 liver, 1 kidney and 1/2 a brain.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now