Missile6T Member 14 Member For: 19y 6m 8d Posted 02/05/08 03:34 AM Posted 02/05/08 03:34 AM Hey Guys',A rare post from me.......Anyone have trouble with their BA boot leaking?Noticed a bit of a stench from the boot of my 03 BA-I don't open it much.Pulled the spare out and noticed a little bit of mud below. One of the 2 rubber bungs was out-I didn't take it out,it's either fallen out or been removed by the previous owner.I could see some very small dribble marks down into the spare well,but culdn't make out there origin.The carpet cover doesn't smell like meldew and appears dry.I don't know if the water is actually bleaching into the open bung hole(lol),or actually leaking in from above somewhere.The smell to me is the spare sitting in some water-there is actually a "Dunlop" impression in the paint on the bottom of the well.Thoughts?Chris....
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/05/08 03:41 AM Posted 02/05/08 03:41 AM Didnt come from undernearth the car thru the removed plugs?
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 02/05/08 03:45 AM Posted 02/05/08 03:45 AM (edited) I have noticed you need to be careful not to park on a slope facing downhill ,in heavy rain or when washing the car ,water pools very badly in the spots made to fit the boot struts in, I would think if enough water got in there it could run back into the boot Edited 02/05/08 03:46 AM by our06t
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 02/05/08 04:31 AM Posted 02/05/08 04:31 AM yah, me too. also washing the car, I wouldn't be aiming the hose around that area either!
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/05/08 01:52 AM Posted 03/05/08 01:52 AM Yes the boots leak. Have a really close look on the bottom corners of the rear glass.
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 23y 7d Location: Sydney Posted 03/05/08 02:03 AM Posted 03/05/08 02:03 AM Only time I've had problems is after heavy rain where water manages to get into the actual boot lid (I suspect that it is via the mounting points for the spoiler).You don't know about it until you open the boot and reach in, only to have cold water trickiling down your back from above.
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 18d Location: Melbourne Posted 28/05/08 11:42 AM Posted 28/05/08 11:42 AM look inside the boot behind where you licence plate is, water can enter from the screw holes. I have put a rubber seal over the holes and then put my licence plate back on. No more leak.
castro7 rob327 Member 227 Member For: 18y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD Posted 30/05/08 09:50 AM Posted 30/05/08 09:50 AM I noticed some browny-neess inside the boot.... on the right above the jack... where its not covered by carpet.... the boots roof if you will... but not the boot lid...I wasnt sure if it was rusty or brown bits from welding.... after seeing everyones boots leaking I guess it must be rusting....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now