bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Location: Canberra Posted 14/04/08 01:28 AM Posted 14/04/08 01:28 AM For real?No, I can only hope DRTYBOOST was joking. As Fatsex has said, lean out backfire is never a good thing. It's happened to me a couple of times before too and I am now seriously considering having a surge tank fitted. In a worst case scenario, a bad lean out backfire could result in you blowing your engine. So to say that it's "nothing to worry about" is being a little blase about it IMHO.Either refrain from giving it WOT with less than 1/2 tank or get a surge tank.
DRTYBOOST Member 363 Member For: 19y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 14/04/08 06:22 AM Posted 14/04/08 06:22 AM (edited) What ive been told is that When your Car back fires its usually caused by high fuel getting sucked in, also when your car is hot it just does it, but nothing to worry about. I can make my car do it sometimes when I rev at a low gear up to about 5000rpm+ and then back off, But yeh someone correct me if im wrong it could be a bad thing, my cars been doing it for ages ive had no problems. Edited 14/04/08 06:22 AM by DRTYBOOST
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 14/04/08 06:31 AM Posted 14/04/08 06:31 AM I guess if its blowing flames due to excess fuel (and you have a "modified cat") then that's pretty safe isn't it, in comparison to a lean out backfire
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Location: Canberra Posted 14/04/08 06:39 AM Posted 14/04/08 06:39 AM I'm no expert, but from what JTXR6T is saying, I'd put money on it being a leaning out backfire issue. The car is making around 300rwkw, so it accelerates like a mad thing, he's low on fuel (80kms DTE), giving it WOT and going uphill. All of which, to me anyway, adds up to a leaning out/fuel starvation issue.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 14/04/08 06:59 AM Posted 14/04/08 06:59 AM The fact that in a lean out backfire you are getting some sort of explosion happen inside the exhaust would indicate that well flames out the exhaust would follow.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now