Oil Light & Beep - Whats Wrong?

XR6TurboChick

• Member For: 16y 18d

:hiall: I have a Ford XR6 Turbo, about four years old now. At times the oil light will come on and it will beep a few times after the car wont start the first time. Basically if the car wont start the first time you know you are in trouble and after about the third time trying to start it, the red oil light flashes a couple of times and it beeps. Then once it has had its dummy spit, its ok, the light goes away, the beeping stops and the car starts.

This is an intermittent problem, :outahere: the worst kind imo, because Ford cant find out whats wrong with it. They have had it now a few times, once for a week taking the engine out to check the oil pump. Within a few days of the cars return home, one early morning, it went through the process again, wont start, oil light flashes and beeps. It happened twice so it went back to Ford again.

This time Ford had it overnight, wanted to start it cold hoping that it will trigger off the same events. Being an intermittent problem obviously Envi was on his best behaviour!!

So, here we are, many trips later to Ford later, no resolution to the problem. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Should I be worried about it? All these issues have occurred under warranty and the warranty has recently expired and Ford are still working on it under warranty but Im worried as time goes on and as they havent found the solution that later on something bad may happen.

Thanks in advance :ta:

• Member For: 16y 18d

hi,

the problem has been around for a while, currently the car has 52,000ish km.

All work has been done at Ford (service log books etc). The problem re occoured 1 day after we got it back from 6 days in the Ford workshop. I don't have it on atm, but I can detail the work that was done, if that helps.

Anyways we took it back again, the checked the computer but they said it wasn't showing up with any fault codes. /shrug.

as the KM grow it's going to be harder and harder for Ford to fix anything under warrenty. I can see this is going to cost us some major $ in the near future if its not sorted out soon.

thanks