senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 22/03/08 12:22 PM Posted 22/03/08 12:22 PM yeah, you're right - I should drink more!
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 10d Posted 22/03/08 02:41 PM Posted 22/03/08 02:41 PM yeah, from what I've noticed it usually only happens once they are pumping a bit more power - I think I can get them for about $65 bucks each, so if you are out of warranty and need one or two cheap let me know Wow that's a great price ... would you sell me 6?cheers
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 22/03/08 02:44 PM Posted 22/03/08 02:44 PM no worries, just let me double check the price on tuesday when the spare parts guys are back.PM me to remind me! Obviously postage is extra!
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 10d Posted 22/03/08 03:37 PM Posted 22/03/08 03:37 PM no worries, just let me double check the price on tuesday when the spare parts guys are back.PM me to remind me! Obviously postage is extra! Cool ... thanks bloke!
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 19d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 24/03/08 12:02 AM Author Posted 24/03/08 12:02 AM hey senna I'm thinking of doing all six too. I'll ring my local spare parts man on tuesday and see his prices otherwise I'll PM ya too.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 24/03/08 07:59 AM Posted 24/03/08 07:59 AM Befor you change the coils try new plugs ( or clean these ones ) and gap them 0.5mm less than what they are now. Your plugs could be a little fouled now, but work ok when not beeing punished with high heat and high boost and only cause spark blow out once the motor has being running high boost/rpm for a while.Worth doing befor you lash out on new coils
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 19d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 24/03/08 09:42 AM Author Posted 24/03/08 09:42 AM new plugs weren't fitted that long ago so........3-4 months gapped at 0.8should I still try rhis?
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 24/03/08 09:36 PM Posted 24/03/08 09:36 PM Alot can happen in 4 months and if the tunes a little rich somewhere then they can easilly foul up slightly.Just trying to save you some cash dude, best to start with clean 100% working plugs so you can rule them out if it continues the play up.Mine used to run 0.8 but started to do this too, so I put in new ones and gapped to 0.75, fine now... I almost bought new colis too
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 19d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 25/03/08 07:38 AM Author Posted 25/03/08 07:38 AM thanks rapid see ya point.How common are coils stuffin up on these cars?
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 19d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 30/03/08 01:39 AM Author Posted 30/03/08 01:39 AM For future reference coils were not my problem. Took it for a drive(after replacing them) and still happens.I can get it to do it in third gear everytime. Full boost, back off, full boost, back off then try again and it sounds like sh*t and doesn't go anywhere. back off change gear and its good for a while again.Its happened once driving in slow traffic without any boost.I'm stumped. Its going to my tuner in 2 weeks for a service, but I just thought I could fix it. I'll have a read of some pervious threads for ideas and see what happens.If you have any other ideas feel free to give me some adivceCheers Pete
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now