XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 02/03/08 07:35 AM Posted 02/03/08 07:35 AM your right, except it says change every 7500km if your 'operating the vehicle at frequent or prolonged high speeds'. does this mean 100kph you rekon? it is noted in the severe/unusual conditions section.24 months and 60k otherwise.what does everyone think? my car goes 100kph pretty much every time I get in it..
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/03/08 07:48 AM Posted 02/03/08 07:48 AM Mal Woods recommends changing the diff oil every 10 000kms if I remember correctly. that's what I've been doing.
rhysy_boi Member 83 Member For: 20y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 11/03/08 10:33 AM Author Posted 11/03/08 10:33 AM I work part way bush so my car up until now (started using an old car to go to and from work) had done about 2 hours of driving at about 100km/h constantly 5 days a week, I figured that was prolonged high speeds. I will just do 10,000km's like mal woods saysRhys
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 11/03/08 11:47 PM Posted 11/03/08 11:47 PM cheers guys, 10 000km it is then!!
Craig. Member 563 Member For: 19y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast QLD Posted 12/03/08 01:03 AM Posted 12/03/08 01:03 AM (edited) I work part way bush so my car up until now (started using an old car to go to and from work) had done about 2 hours of driving at about 100km/h constantly 5 days a week, I figured that was prolonged high speeds. I will just do 10,000km's like mal woods saysRhysBetter to be safe than sorry I guess, but I am pretty sure that 100kph is not considred high speed mate!If you were doing lots of track days and/or drag meets or even towing a caravan then your car might fall into the severe usage category. Not for a cruise up the highway at the speed limit though.Good/cheap insurance to change it more frequently rather than neglect it though.FWIW I changed my diff oil yesterday at 15000klm with the recommendede Castrol SAF-XA synthetic diff oil. The drained oil still looked pretty good. A little dark but otheriwse fine. Edited 12/03/08 01:06 AM by craiginmackay
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now