Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/07 07:02 AM Posted 20/12/07 07:02 AM (edited) Hi again...Ive been a member for a while and have asked a few questions, probably time I introduced myself...Names Daniel, I'm from the Western subs in Melb and have a 2002 xr6t black, 4spd auto with premo sound and 70,000 ks on the clock.Car is stock at the moment, stock height and everything. I bought it not long ago off the 1st owner, an old man and now I have the pleasure of driving it.This car seriously thrills me even being stock. I've never had so much fun driving something, going from a Expensive Daewoo 5ltr to this the power just seems to pour on..I do, although, have new injectors, a RAPID intercooler and RAPID cold air intake and exhaust bits and pieces gathering dust waiting to be fitted. Also going to buy valve springs and possibly a new fuel pump.I haven't even started pricing up EDIT yet, can anyone give me a ball park figure of getting all of my add-ons FITTED and the car Edited? I have no idea what to expect...I'm aiming at 300rwkw, not much over. Hopefully should be achievable with my parts.I suppose they will only have to crack the engine open for the springs, the rest are bolt on...I'll put up some pics of the car when it stops raining, haven't taken any yet.Cheers Edited 20/12/07 07:02 AM by Toecutter
jbute Member 95 Member For: 19y 7m 17d Location: NSW Posted 20/12/07 07:14 AM Posted 20/12/07 07:14 AM (edited) Sound like you have some xmas goodies for your car there. I have a Suduce BF Mk2 Man and have done a K&N filter, phoon air box, TS kompact daul port BOV & I just got today my C&V generic tune box for $505 posted & I can't be happier I first run the 10psi tune & Woooww !! then I run the 8psi tune.These XR6T are unreal the 10psi tune gave me a smile from ear to ear !You won't regret your mods ! Edited 20/12/07 07:19 AM by jbute
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/07 07:17 AM Author Posted 20/12/07 07:17 AM Yeah I didnt know whether to go generic or not but I think I'll just get it edited. I have no Idea what's needed or what I have to buy/prices yet. Did you fit the box yourself?
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/12/07 09:04 AM Posted 20/12/07 09:04 AM so is this you
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/07 09:09 AM Author Posted 20/12/07 09:09 AM haha good stuff phantom! No one ever knows what the hell it means.People are always like "wtf is toecutter" when I use it as a screen name.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/12/07 09:21 AM Posted 20/12/07 09:21 AM Sounds like you have your mods pretty well planned
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 20/12/07 09:35 AM Posted 20/12/07 09:35 AM you should be able to crank the power up nicely with the RAPID gearjust be warned the 4 speed wont like the extra torque so also make sure your budget allows a rebuild if your aiming for 300kw although there are some stock 4 speeds out there handling lots of power
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/07 09:42 AM Author Posted 20/12/07 09:42 AM Yeah Preston autos is near my work so I will drop in and ask them about their xr6t 4spd auto kit they have.. Ill definitely add a cooler anyway.Any advice on the EDIT- what I need to buy or how much to budget for?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/12/07 09:49 AM Posted 20/12/07 09:49 AM I'd budget around $1500 for the flash tuner itself and a tune, but it depends on where you go, each tuner has their own prices, speak to some of the site sponsors, as they are probably the best in the country!
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/12/07 12:07 PM Posted 20/12/07 12:07 PM haha good stuff phantom! No one ever knows what the hell it means.People are always like "wtf is toecutter" when I use it as a screen name.who doesn't know the Toe Cutter... LIKE HELLO mad max is legendary...well the alternative is pretty gruesome
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now