Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne
Posted
:surrenderwave: Hey guys bring some stuff up from the grave - great site by the way. I am looking to media up my mercury XR6T and was wondering whether to go for the xbox or carputer. The XBOX would be the cheaper deal but I am keen to run some OBDII displays on the ICC. My question is can it be done through the XBOX media centre??? Any info would be great.
  • <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, NOR
Posted

I got no idea, so I don't even want to speculate but it would be a cool idea as my xbox is getting installed as soon as the DC PSU arrives in the mail.

I'd say someone would have to create the software first to run on xbox and then its just a matter of running that software perhaps? I'm sure you could use the controller ports (USB) as input to the xbox for all the info somehow? Not sure!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne
Posted

I'd say someone would have to create the software first to run on xbox and then its just a matter of running that software perhaps? I'm sure you could use the controller ports (USB) as input to the xbox for all the info somehow? Not sure!

that's cool thanks for the reply .. it's looking like it may have to be the carputer.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne
Posted

Not alot of luck on responses to the OBD to the XBOX - New question??

Does anyone know of any OBD software that won't cost an arm and leg (Downloadable??) or even better a place to buy a OBD that will leave the misses talking to me the next morning :dontknow: ??? +

:roflmbo:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Ill tell you what I know about this.

I want to do the same thing because I all ready have an XBOX with a chip installed.

First of all you need to install Linux on your xbox. You can do this and still be able to use your other XBOX programs and stuff. Info can be found by googleing XBOX LINUX. or PM me and ill give you a bit more info. I have not got it running yet though and still have a fair bit of work to do on it.

Once you have Linux stable you will be able to download a program called LINUX ICE(IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT) from www.linuxice.com

From what I have read about Linux ICE you can use it for all your in car needs. GPS NAV, OBD, Music, Movies, Web Access and a few other things.

There is a fair bit of info on the MP3CAR forums about it.

that's most of what I know about it. I want to have my XBOX installed by mid next year so will have all the details about it then. But if it all gets to hard ill just build a mini computer and run everything off that.

Hope this helps a bit mate.

Damo

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
mp3car will help you out alot too!

Yeah there is a heap of info on there about this sort of stuff. Comes in handy sometimes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...