Tray Back Xr6t

gibbon666

• Member For: 17y 7m

Just a thought. if u put an Turbo motor in a trayback would it be to light in the back? no power ups are contemplated so would there be any massive difference in the handling of a trayback V styleside T.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 1d

I don't think thered be much difference in weight, the stylesides are mostly plastic. I have actually seen a tray back xr6t, it was blueprint and the tray was a very stylish custom, it looked awsome. I do believe that one was modded too.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 21d

Go the tray, Just imagine the rim size you could get under there with out the guards in the way.

• Member For: 18y 1m 7d
I don't think thered be much difference in weight, the stylesides are mostly plastic. I have actually seen a tray back xr6t, it was blueprint and the tray was a very stylish custom, it looked awsome. I do believe that one was modded too.

Plastic? :wacko:

The only plastic part is the body kit and the tub liner. The rest is metal and requires about 3 men to lift it off a car.

To give you an indication, my steel trays encompass a 3mm checker plate floor, 300mm high 2mm thick dropsides, 3 inch pipe headboard and a lot of steel re-enforcement in the base so it can actually carry a pay load and weigh in at about 250kg. The aluminium trays utilize alumium sides, floor, use a stainless steel 3 inch pipe on the headboard, and welded mild side and rear coamings which are galvanized and weigh in at around 120kg. Having lifted style sides, alumuim trays and steel trays, and knowing the weights of the 2 of them I would have to guess that that the style side would weigh in somewhere just under 200kg.

I have installed alumium and steel trays on both XR6 turbo and XR8 vehicles and having had the owners came back in for further work I had asked about traction with such a setup. Not really much of a difference to having a style side on the car.

Edited by Fatsex

• Member For: 19y 2m 5d
Just a thought. if u put an Turbo motor in a trayback would it be to light in the back? no power ups are contemplated so would there be any massive difference in the handling of a trayback V styleside T.

70-80 kgs difference I have done it. Pfft traction is over rated any way

• Member For: 18y 5m 24d

no real different in handling , about 60 kgs weight difference . totally diffreent look

post-7637-1196695143_thumb.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 1d
Plastic? :censored:

The only plastic part is the body kit and the tub liner. The rest is metal and requires about 3 men to lift it off a car.

To give you an indication, my steel trays encompass a 3mm checker plate floor, 300mm high 2mm thick dropsides, 3 inch pipe headboard and a lot of steel re-enforcement in the base so it can actually carry a pay load and weigh in at about 250kg. The aluminium trays utilize alumium sides, floor, use a stainless steel 3 inch pipe on the headboard, and welded mild side and rear coamings which are galvanized and weigh in at around 120kg. Having lifted style sides, alumuim trays and steel trays, and knowing the weights of the 2 of them I would have to guess that that the style side would weigh in somewhere just under 200kg.

I have installed alumium and steel trays on both XR6 turbo and XR8 vehicles and having had the owners came back in for further work I had asked about traction with such a setup. Not really much of a difference to having a style side on the car.

Yeah, but isn't the tub liner actually the tub, that is to say that there's not a full metal skin beneath it, but only structural supports? What I was saying is that it may be lighter than alot of people may think.