DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/07 03:27 AM Posted 11/10/07 03:27 AM GuysJust had the car serviced and ended up with petrol smeel in boot and cabin.Any known problems that could be the culprit?btw - fuel filter was replaced during service but doesn't seem to be leaking.Daking
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 11/10/07 04:01 AM Posted 11/10/07 04:01 AM its probably just splash back from when they did the filter, hopefully it will go away in a couple of days, leave your windows down as much as possible
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/07 04:07 AM Author Posted 11/10/07 04:07 AM its probably just splash back from when they did the filter, hopefully it will go away in a couple of days, leave your windows down as much as possible Hey Senna T What wheels are you running on your car?look a bit BBSsyDaking
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 11/10/07 04:23 AM Posted 11/10/07 04:23 AM hey mate, they are G.Max M190's just 18"x8" I think always loved the style of BBS, these are good, but a paint in the ass to clean!
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/07 05:43 AM Author Posted 11/10/07 05:43 AM hey mate, they are G.Max M190's just 18"x8" I think always loved the style of BBS, these are good, but a paint in the ass to clean!I like them - nice choiceDaking
gu4800 Member 156 Member For: 19y 5m 18d Location: Brisbane Posted 11/10/07 07:03 AM Posted 11/10/07 07:03 AM petrol smeel in boot and cabin.Could be the charcoal canister - it is located back there. I am getting a fuel smell when I pull up in the afternoon, but only on a hot day. Nothing leaking, fuel economy really good, so I put it down to the charcoal canister letting of bit of a smell in this heat.Dan
FLASHXR Legacy Donating Member 135 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/10/07 09:27 AM Posted 11/10/07 09:27 AM I've had a petrol smell outside the car ever since I put the surge tank on... Ive been looking for weeks, but there is definitely no leaks... Anyone else struck this?
ALF05T Member 453 Member For: 19y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/10/07 09:49 AM Posted 11/10/07 09:49 AM I have also got a fuel smell inside and out ever since I got the surge tank!
FLASHXR Legacy Donating Member 135 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/10/07 10:41 AM Posted 11/10/07 10:41 AM I have also got a fuel smell inside and out ever since I got the surge tank!Ive almost come to the conclusion the alloy sweats to a degree... But I'll put up with it cause it really works a treat...
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/10/07 03:32 AM Posted 12/10/07 03:32 AM I had this issue on my car for about 18 months, it was driving me nuts.It only happened after a trashing, or on a hot day.If the aircon was on in recycled mode I couldn't smell it, but if it was on fresh air or I had the window open it would stink.I managed to replicate it a few times infront of the dealer, but they couldn't find the source after looking at it around 9 times.From memory the fuel pump, pressure regulator, lines, filter were all replaced with no sucess.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now