Installing A Double Din Head Unit Into A Ba

shaunmc

• Member For: 18y 1m 28d

I have a BA with the standard audio system (no colour screen) and want to install one of these:

Ebay Link

6470_1.JPG

Just wondering if anyone out there has any examples of double din installs in a BA or BF.

Have always wanted to upgrade mine to the premium system with the colour screen but my funds just don't allow it. These things are cheap as (abost $600) and have all the features of many $3000 systems I have seen. A mate has one in his 200sx and it rocks. Has a "external" 500GB HDD pluggged into it via USB with stacks of movies, TV shows and mp3s on it! They also have GPS, Bluetooth and a Tvtuner built in! Only problem is BAs dont really have anywhere to put it easily. Not where the passengers in the back can see it anyways.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by shaunmc

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 10d

There was a thread on somebody wanting an XR recently with pics of the interior and the OEM screen had been relocated to the tissue box/coin tray with an aftermarket double din in the original postion....cant remember where it is though...

I think Mr Bean is also doing something similiar if you look at his thread stuck at the top of this section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 10m 23d

I think this is the pic you were looking for, I like what they've done. moving the factory screen to the tissue box area leaving a nice big area to mount your double din. Doesn't look easy however, if you're comfortable with fibreglassing it could be awesome

post-6667-1192765001_thumb.jpg