SHOWDOWN BACK SLOWER THEN EVER! Member 706 Member For: 19y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/09/07 06:28 AM Posted 22/09/07 06:28 AM Hi Guys,While doing some mods I stuffed up and pull too hard on the Bonnet release and broke it. Its smashed. Then when I used pliers to pull the wire the complete bracket come out. What do I do, Does ford sell just the leaver?Also I broke part of the cream fuse caseing can I just screw the bracket to the fuse box?Ozzie
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 22/09/07 06:30 AM Posted 22/09/07 06:30 AM Oz, this was a common problem with BA's, call the service guys and they will be able to help you out
envyxr6t Member 35 Member For: 19y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/09/07 08:04 AM Posted 22/09/07 08:04 AM I did the same thing to mine. Fraud don't just sell the leaver. you need to buy the cable as well. I got mine done under warranty
gilto Member 218 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 22/09/07 08:41 AM Posted 22/09/07 08:41 AM Mine did exactly the same thing. I found one on Ebay for cheap and put it in myself. You have to buy the whole cable and feed it through from the cabin to the bonnet. It's a bit tricky, took me about 20 minutes....just make sure you don't lose the cable otherwise it's goodbye.....
blobak Member 75 Member For: 20y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: them there hills Posted 22/09/07 10:01 AM Posted 22/09/07 10:01 AM yep matey, I did the same thing too! I drilled a pilot hole and put a self tapper screw in, to hold the section that slides into the fuse holder. Doesn't flex now.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Posted 22/09/07 11:27 AM Posted 22/09/07 11:27 AM (edited) Ford fixed mine, 2 hours and about $250 for all the parts and labour Edited 22/09/07 11:29 AM by Fatsex
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 22/09/07 04:05 PM Posted 22/09/07 04:05 PM Ford fixed mine, 2 hours and about $250 for all the parts and labour You are joking right? I payed $30.90 for the part. Labour should be no more than an hour tops.
SHOWDOWN BACK SLOWER THEN EVER! Member 706 Member For: 19y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/09/07 11:10 PM Author Posted 24/09/07 11:10 PM (edited) You are joking right? I payed $30.90 for the part. Labour should be no more than an hour tops.Done! I bought it from Fraud ($35) and installed. A little bit tricky but not nearly as difficult as the Cooler and UBP.Ozzie Edited 24/09/07 11:11 PM by XR6T3K
gilto Member 218 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 28/09/07 01:34 PM Posted 28/09/07 01:34 PM Ford fixed mine, 2 hours and about $250 for all the parts and labour It took me 20 minutes and I had never done anything like it before. Should take Ford tec a good 10 minutes......that's it...
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Posted 28/09/07 01:45 PM Posted 28/09/07 01:45 PM It took me 20 minutes and I had never done anything like it before. Should take Ford tec a good 10 minutes......that's it...They also had to change the fuse box in my car too as that part got broke. Perhaps this is what took the time, not sure, or perhaps they just took their time at my expense. Either way it was a job I couldn't be stuffed with. What did the cable cost you by the way?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now