Dunnas Member 46 Member For: 19y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Was Dunedin. NZ.. Now Brisbane, OZ Posted 16/09/07 04:32 AM Posted 16/09/07 04:32 AM (edited) Hi Guys,Well I went to change to a lower temp thermostat today and wasn't particularly successful. As per pic below, I unclipped the hose circled in yellow going to the reservoir, lightly pulled/twisted on the hose... And instead of the hose coming off the metal pipe, the metal pipe pulled clean out of the thermostat housing... And is now leaking. Question is, what should I use to secure this back in? And also, I couldn't get the old thermostat out. I pulled pretty hard but after the issues with the hose I didn't want to pull too much. Should it come out easily or is it a matter of brute strength? Edited 16/09/07 04:36 AM by Dunnas
rhysy_boi Member 83 Member For: 20y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 16/09/07 04:53 AM Posted 16/09/07 04:53 AM I've only changed a couple of thermostats and all have been a bit tough to get out but what's even harder is getting it back in without pinching the seal. I have no idea about the metal pipe thoughRhys
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now