bk284 Member 101 Member For: 19y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Illawarra Posted 15/09/07 04:39 AM Posted 15/09/07 04:39 AM I have recently purchased a 03 XR6T and soon I am going to have to park the new beauty out the front of the house in the elements every night. My question is does anyone know of a good car cover that would give me some peace of mind leaving the T out there. Maybe someone else has the same problem and can recomend a certain brand etc. I have had a quick look around but if anyone could offer some assisitance it would be appreciated. Thanks in advanceBrendan
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 16/09/07 12:01 AM Posted 16/09/07 12:01 AM (edited) Hey BK284, I have the same prolem. I dont cover her I just give her a nice wax and polish every month and I wash her every week.Pete Edited 16/09/07 12:01 AM by LUMO
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 16/09/07 12:13 AM Posted 16/09/07 12:13 AM I went away for 1 week and put a cover on the T. Kept it nice and clean cos it was raining when I was away.Took a closer look when I gave it a wash the following week and found rub marks on the roof. Just be careful and get one that has a soft inner.
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 22y 8d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 16/09/07 12:41 AM Posted 16/09/07 12:41 AM I bought one from supercheap for about $40 and my car stays under it most weekdays and comes of on weekends.The trick is to put it on a clean car that way you dont get scratches.Ive had mine for about 2 1/2 years now and no scratches at all.quick photo of the cover (off car)
xr6TAcid Member 87 Member For: 18y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Byford, W.A. Posted 24/02/08 01:33 AM Posted 24/02/08 01:33 AM yeah I would also recommend NOT to use a car cover, with a bit of a breeze (or often the gale force wind we get around here) it will rub your clear coat off. Over about 6 years of my grandparents camry being under one of them the paint was shocking. I reckon just use quality wax when its needed to keep it protected, maybe put one of those windscreen things up inside it to keep the sun off the interior.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now