ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 11/09/07 03:13 AM Posted 11/09/07 03:13 AM I have heard also that when you change the bush for one with less flex, you start f*cking up other parts of the subframe and it's associated bushes.
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/09/07 03:19 AM Author Posted 11/09/07 03:19 AM I have heard also that when you change the bush for one with less flex, you start f*cking up other parts of the subframe and it's associated bushes.That kinda makes sense to me envy, its designed to have a little bit of flex to take shock from the driveline and prevent it being transmitted to the subframe and then chassis.problem is that being so compliant, it has tons of slop leading to it chewing out prematurely..I sure hope the revised one can last more than the original.Gav
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 11/09/07 06:05 AM Posted 11/09/07 06:05 AM I have a MK2 and have killed 2 bushes... doesnt sound revised to me
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 15d Gender: Male Posted 11/09/07 06:44 AM Posted 11/09/07 06:44 AM the mk2 one is definatly solid whereas the mk1 wasn't..sad to hear it is no better.
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 11/09/07 07:00 AM Posted 11/09/07 07:00 AM I have the fulcrum bush in mine no extra vibration and no damage else where has now done 70,000 k,s with it.Ian
ebturbo6 Member 80 Member For: 23y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: melboure Posted 11/09/07 07:06 AM Posted 11/09/07 07:06 AM herrod motorsport charged me $350 I supplied bush and bolt which I bought from ford I thought that was a decent enough price
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/09/07 07:09 AM Author Posted 11/09/07 07:09 AM Hi IanYou wouldnt happen to know of any stores up your way with one in stock would you? as My local places didnt stock it, and Fulcrum are out of stock, waiting to do another production run.If I can get it by the end of the week, I can get it done with the fulcrum one, otherwise I'll have to chance it with the ford one, as im booked in to do it with my service on friday.I have the fulcrum bush in mine no extra vibration and no damage else where has now done 70,000 k,s with it.Ian
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 11/09/07 07:22 AM Posted 11/09/07 07:22 AM Got mine from link in penrith.
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/09/07 11:44 PM Author Posted 11/09/07 11:44 PM Thanks mate, I just rang wholesale susp, they were very helpful. They are currently out of stock also (as fulcrum are having a hard time keeping up with demand on this part.he is going to try and hunt one down for me and give me a call back.thanks again.I have had 2 separate quotes in the 350 - 400 region to do the job, if ford try and ream me like I think they will I at least have some backup on what it should cost.
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/09/07 12:15 AM Author Posted 13/09/07 12:15 AM Ive postponed the job with ford until the fulcrum bush is back in stock in 1 - 2 weeks time.Speaking with the service manager, this is all too common even on the BF's. Even the newer revised bush is prone to wearing out on the BA's. Interestingly the part number seems to be the same on the rear main bush, so ford must have done a running revision on the part and kept the same part no.I'd much rather wait 2 weeks and do it properly, than have to do it again in 2 years time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now