blobak Member 75 Member For: 20y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: them there hills Posted 08/09/07 10:58 AM Posted 08/09/07 10:58 AM hi, just wondering if anybody can help me. Need to aim the l.h. foglight cause its aiming up at the possums. Firstly, are they adjustable? And they what are the measurement for aiming them correctly.Cheers
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/09/07 11:28 AM Posted 08/09/07 11:28 AM Hi allThis is my first postI have just purchased a Vixen Red XRT6LOVE IT much better handeling than my previous patrol LOLanyway in answer to your question matethey are adjustableunscrew the 3 plastic screws on the inner guard and peel it back a littleget a light and u will see on the back of the fog light a white plastic rod. turning this turns a adjuster at the top.easy.The best way to aim is to park in the shed 6 ft from the wall turn fogs on.hold a piece of wood or simillar 12" from light and mark the focal point(brightest point) then move the wood to the wall(6ft away) and adjust the light so that the point u marked lines up with the focal point at this distance.I supose if this doesn't work for u them just aim them down a bit till you are happy.Note to all: I am an auto electrician in adelaideSo for any special advice feel free to PM MeLove the Forumcheers Mike(hope ive helped)
xr6turbo2nv Member 22 Member For: 20y 2m 27d Location: Gold Coast (Queensland) Posted 08/09/07 11:48 AM Posted 08/09/07 11:48 AM Hi mate if you have a look under the car on the side you wont to adjust you will see a small hole put a phillips heads screwdriver in to there and you will pick up that small plastic rod he was talking about and you can adjust it without taking off the panal.( hope this helps ) john
blobak Member 75 Member For: 20y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: them there hills Posted 08/09/07 12:35 PM Author Posted 08/09/07 12:35 PM Thanks guys. I'll give that a go.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/09/07 03:34 AM Posted 10/09/07 03:34 AM If it's 'pointing at the possums' I think it would be something more than a minor adjustment. I'd say it's either partially fallen in, or the deflector is upside down.If the former reach in behind and give it a bash to re-lodge it on to the mounts, if the later the entire thing could be upside down!
Phoontastic Legacy Donating Member 262 Member For: 20y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 10/09/07 11:31 AM Posted 10/09/07 11:31 AM I've gota say I don't think the fog lights are worth two knobs of goat sh*te. Good for decoration only. Leaving them on during the day reminds me of Hyundai drivers. Having them on at night is most often a pain in the butt. Other than that I think they're fantastic.
Meggs_83 Member 114 Member For: 19y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: Esperance Posted 10/09/07 11:41 AM Posted 10/09/07 11:41 AM there good for us country folk who's council's are yet to discover street lights, light up the curbs a bit better for bastard animals and the like. mind you I was gonna pull mine off and have fully sik intake ducts cuz
Phoontastic Legacy Donating Member 262 Member For: 20y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 10/09/07 11:45 AM Posted 10/09/07 11:45 AM there good for us country folk who's council's are yet to discover street lights, light up the curbs a bit better for bastard animals and the like. mind you I was gonna pull mine off and have fully sik intake ducts cuzNoice, now we're talking!! Two foglight holes equals twin turbo setup.....
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/09/07 01:05 PM Posted 10/09/07 01:05 PM I've gota say I don't think the fog lights are worth two knobs of goat sh*te. :down: Good for decoration only. Leaving them on during the day reminds me of Hyundai drivers. Having them on at night is most often a pain in the butt. Other than that I think they're fantastic. That's nice....but what the f*ck has that got to do with anything?
YOB POM Member 140 Member For: 21y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Jimboomba Qld Posted 11/09/07 02:56 AM Posted 11/09/07 02:56 AM there good for us country folk who's council's are yet to discover street lights, light up the curbs a bit better for bastard animals and the like. mind you I was gonna pull mine off and have fully sik intake ducts cuz :banghead2:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now