Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Having driven many jap turbos, I found the main difference with the Ford turbos is TORQUE.

The turbo ricers feel quick, as they have nothing under 3,000rpm, then the boost kicks in and all hell breaks loose.

This makes them feel quicker aas they are lagging heaps and then wham.

The Ford Turbos have heaps of low down power, so the boost is not so noticable, it is more like a steady increase in power. It is only when you are booting one and watch the speedo, so you realise how quick they are.

My 100% stock F6 has 241rwkw and ran many back to back 13.2's in full street trim. They are no slouches and can be made to go very quick, very cheaply.

Throw $2,000 at an F6 and get 300rwkw or 280rwkw in a T, that is cheap power.

Now is a good time to buy one as dealers are busting to move stock.

I agree little turbo imports feel quicker but arn't. XR6T also has more options .eg. comfort, passengers, towing, boot space etc. The skyline will handle better in most cases though.

  • Green Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)
I agree little turbo imports feel quicker but arn't. XR6T also has more options .eg. comfort, passengers, towing, boot space etc. The skyline will handle better in most cases though.

I agree as a few dudes have said is you do get more space so many can share in the sensation :stupid: I strongly feel that it will become a cult turbo vehicle for guys of the future...

So any takers on who I saw gunnin it off Ring Rd? :innocent:

Edited by Akira

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...