our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 13/07/07 08:43 AM Posted 13/07/07 08:43 AM hey all think I might have a dodgey actuator what happens if connect a direct line between the turbo and actuator bypassing the solinoidI have a cv tune monza cooler siemens injecters and under load at lower revs I'm sure I can hear the actuator surging and realesing small amounts of boost and the car slightly looses power each time I hear it ,it seems ok once the load comes off the car and revs build upcheers
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 13/07/07 08:53 AM Posted 13/07/07 08:53 AM if you bypass the control solonoid with a hose it will make 4.5 psi.dont block it off. it will boost hard and probly blow.if you have a problem with it call con he may be able to fix u up.its hard to hear the wgate opening but it may be the case the tune is blowing off a bit of boost down low so itss not so hard on the motor. as I said talk to your tuner he will sort u out.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 13/07/07 09:10 AM Author Posted 13/07/07 09:10 AM yeh jeff an con are more than happy to take a look at it it's just I live about 1 1/2 hours away so just tryin to have some idea what the prob is before I head back down there
KW CONNER Member 52 Member For: 19y 5m 5d Location: Cessnock Posted 14/07/07 10:28 AM Posted 14/07/07 10:28 AM My one was doing the same thing , Autotech found that the bov spring was too soft and was opening and shutting on light throttle .But if you hear a spring noise , it could be actuator .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now