Guest Guests Posted 07/06/07 01:54 PM Posted 07/06/07 01:54 PM Hey guys, just wondering which gear a 6 speed manual should be run in on the dyno? I thought it was 4th but someone told me today it gets done in 3rd. Which one's correct?Thanks
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 07/06/07 01:59 PM Posted 07/06/07 01:59 PM 3rd gear mate
youngy Member 293 Member For: 21y 1m 8d Posted 08/06/07 02:02 AM Posted 08/06/07 02:02 AM its 4th. dont listen to him, he drives an auto
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 08/06/07 02:06 AM Posted 08/06/07 02:06 AM I dont even know anything! lolI just assumed they were the same I think I might go to bed now
youngy Member 293 Member For: 21y 1m 8d Posted 08/06/07 02:09 AM Posted 08/06/07 02:09 AM you run your car on the dyno in which ever gear is 1:1 or closest to. In a 6spd manual that's 4th gear and your right in the autos it's 3rd
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 08/06/07 04:11 AM Posted 08/06/07 04:11 AM 4th on the manual.
Guest Guests Posted 08/06/07 01:51 PM Posted 08/06/07 01:51 PM Had my car dynoed by the guy that said it gets done in third and it only pulled 375rwhp. Would the figure be higher or lower in 4th?I was sure it was 4th but he was 100% it was 3rd. Maybe it's because he mainly tunes holdens
youngy Member 293 Member For: 21y 1m 8d Posted 09/06/07 01:19 AM Posted 09/06/07 01:19 AM Had my car dynoed by the guy that said it gets done in third and it only pulled 375rwhp. Would the figure be higher or lower in 4th?I was sure it was 4th but he was 100% it was 3rd. Maybe it's because he mainly tunes holdens I bet you the guy didnt even use shootout 6f if he's not used to the xr6t's. the 'f' stands for forced induction and that's probably the main reason your power to be so low. Also running in 3rd gear would too. Sounds like he's a tool.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now