trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 26/05/07 04:25 AM Posted 26/05/07 04:25 AM for over the last week I have had a banging noise coming from the rear of the car under full-throttle at about the same time traction control kicks in never done this befor have spoken to ford and been told this is normal which I find hard to belive also it does it every now and then with it turned off plus ive noticed a loss of power over the last week any ideas thanks to anybody who replys
Guest bluprinturbo Guests Posted 26/05/07 12:10 PM Posted 26/05/07 12:10 PM ive got a similar problem.when I nail it,something, either the diff or auto has a rattly metallic noise coming from it which seems to affect power as well.it used to loose traction 1st thru 2nd but now it just makes this noise.have to get it checked out obviously.
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 27/05/07 02:20 AM Author Posted 27/05/07 02:20 AM is yours a bf with a zf gear box ive taken it to ford and been told theres no problem when in fact there is has anybody else had the same problem
Scruffman Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Prestons NSW Posted 03/06/07 09:40 PM Posted 03/06/07 09:40 PM It hard to describe noises in words.I just had a new diff put in my car. I was having a knocking sound coming from the diff. No loss of power but all the same the noise got worse and was replaced, and it wasnt done under warranty either.I would say that noises arent normally a good thing and should be checked by the service guys.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/06/07 10:37 PM Posted 03/06/07 10:37 PM I have a similar noise.It would bang under accelaration, and also made the rear end feel flotie on cornering.Turns out I have done a rear cradle bush.There are none available in NSW and it will need to be rebooked to be replaced.
ALF05T Member 453 Member For: 19y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/06/07 10:45 AM Posted 05/06/07 10:45 AM With traction control off, is the problem still there mate?
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 18/06/07 04:48 PM Author Posted 18/06/07 04:48 PM I had the bush irs module replaced under warrenty about two weeks ago by ford for my diff problems but the noise is back louder than ever starting today even sort of bounces the rear end of the car around a bit this time while making the noise any ideas what it might be guess ill be back to ford in the morning
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now