FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 3d Location: On the edge Posted 10/06/07 11:48 AM Posted 10/06/07 11:48 AM Hey Fordtech, my car is a BA Mk I with Premium brakes. I called up Ford and gave them my rego number which they looked up on their computer... They said my car needs the brake hose upgrade.I thought I may need the hose upgrade as the BA Premium brake package still uses standard rear calipers, but just with the grooved rotors. Do the premium brakes have different rear hoses? I compared mine to a friends BA standard brakes and the hoses look identical? Cheers,RossSorry about the delayed reply Ross.Your dealer is right.After reading the campaign details it also applies to Premium brake systems as well.Brembo's are the only brake system that are exempt.
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 2d Posted 11/06/07 10:20 AM Posted 11/06/07 10:20 AM Sorry about the delayed reply Ross.Your dealer is right.After reading the campaign details it also applies to Premium brake systems as well.Brembo's are the only brake system that are exempt.Thanks for that
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 13/06/07 11:15 AM Posted 13/06/07 11:15 AM Mine went in today for the new hoses but they ran out. Apparanly one dealer has 500 cars that need the hoses and the supplier over supplied the drivers side hoses. And you cant do one without the other.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/06/07 10:46 AM Posted 14/06/07 10:46 AM Nothing like having two right shoes! Keep up the good work Ford
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 2d Posted 15/06/07 04:01 AM Posted 15/06/07 04:01 AM As you can see by my Avatar I gave the Ford Std brakes the flick first time the shudder started.I still have my car serviced but the local dealer. I guess I will have to be carefull they dont replace the braided PBR hoses on the rear with Ford hoses. Of course the Technician is smart enough to realise the difference.Just like I have to supply the PBR brake fluid to have it changed when required.
hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 16/06/07 12:19 PM Posted 16/06/07 12:19 PM I asked the local dealer about this brake prob last week and they didn't know much about it and then went on to say that if it was a problem, they hadn't been sent any parts to fix anything anyway. I was told I should just keep calling back to see what was happening if I was worried about it. Now that's an interesting way to handle problems with brakes They're not all that important anyway are they? I guess we only have to be concerned about the throttle pedal.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 16/06/07 12:20 PM Posted 16/06/07 12:20 PM As you can see by my Avatar I gave the Ford Std brakes the flick first time the shudder started.I still have my car serviced but the local dealer. I guess I will have to be carefull they dont replace the braided PBR hoses on the rear with Ford hoses. Of course the Technician is smart enough to realise the difference.Just like I have to supply the PBR brake fluid to have it changed when required.that's a brave man who has there car serviced by Ford. Must be rich too.
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 17/06/07 08:05 AM Posted 17/06/07 08:05 AM As you can see by my Avatar I gave the Ford Std brakes the flick first time the shudder started.I still have my car serviced but the local dealer. I guess I will have to be carefull they dont replace the braided PBR hoses on the rear with Ford hoses. Of course the Technician is smart enough to realise the difference.Just like I have to supply the PBR brake fluid to have it changed when required.How much is a Set of " braided PBR hoses " . That is 2 Hoses only please.Thank you
the_dragz Member 33 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: S.E Melbourne Posted 17/06/07 08:42 AM Posted 17/06/07 08:42 AM hmmm brakes on my 03...soften up sometimes...I might give them a call during the week to get it checked out....they dont charge anything right?thanks dragz.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 28/06/07 11:09 PM Posted 28/06/07 11:09 PM hmmm brakes on my 03...soften up sometimes...I might give them a call during the week to get it checked out....they dont charge anything right?thanks dragz.Its free, all covered by warranty.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now