XRT330 Member 135 Member For: 22y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/05/07 09:29 PM Posted 14/05/07 09:29 PM Hi GuysCan someone tell me how many hours to disconnect the battery from the CPU to reset?. I want to clear all data from the CPU.Is 24hrs enough?CheersXRT330
mpsxr6t Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/05/07 11:17 PM Posted 14/05/07 11:17 PM I always thought it was 15mins without the battery connected?not sure though....
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/05/07 11:44 PM Posted 14/05/07 11:44 PM The main thing is there is no residual voltage. After you remove the battery , flash the lights to get rid of any voltage.10 mins should be enough to reset the ECU.
XRT330 Member 135 Member For: 22y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/05/07 11:47 PM Author Posted 14/05/07 11:47 PM Thanks Guys.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 14/05/07 11:58 PM Posted 14/05/07 11:58 PM might be a stupid question.. but what does this achieve?
XRT330 Member 135 Member For: 22y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/07 12:37 AM Author Posted 15/05/07 12:37 AM My car is only getting 2-3psi boost. Trying to isolate the problem. I have an edit box. When ever I change programs P3- P2 etc I lose the boost. After 3-5 days of driving it comes good and show 12psi.XRT330
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/05/07 01:15 AM Posted 15/05/07 01:15 AM I would think it might be an actuator or wastegate problem more than an ECU issue.While these ECU's learn, they are not that smart.
mpsxr6t Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/07 01:46 AM Posted 15/05/07 01:46 AM (edited) probably a stupid question but how do u disconnect the battery? negative or positive first? n reverse the procedure for reconnecting it? also ford jus cleared all the fault codes in my comp....is this like the computer is now learning all ova again? so would I be best 2 flog it a bit so it works like a brand new 1 that's gets driven hard and has more power? or does it make no difference now? Edited 15/05/07 01:53 AM by mpsxr6t
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 15/05/07 01:50 AM Posted 15/05/07 01:50 AM after ford reflashed mine.. it learnt how to idel roughly again
XRT330 Member 135 Member For: 22y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/07 03:02 AM Author Posted 15/05/07 03:02 AM after ford reflashed mine.. it learnt how to idel roughly again The problem only occurs when I flash the PCM to another setting P1,P2 or P3. ie If I flash P3 it will come good after 3-4 days. It will work fine unless I flash it again.XRT330
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now