XR6T8080 Member 398 Member For: 20y 2d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/07 11:10 AM Posted 09/05/07 11:10 AM Gday guys,I put a post up about selling my BF Hardlid and Wing, to try to see what its worth and if I wanted to sell it.Since I dont really want to sell it, coz it looks so good, is there anybody on this forum that has figured out an easy way of removing this thing on your own? without a second or third person there helping you?From what I can see you need to have 2 people, one to hold it, and one to either undo the bolts on the struts, and then both people to lift the bloody thing up from the latches.has anybody figured out a quick and easy way of removing the bloody thing so I dont have to sell it? I need alloy bars yesterday, but I may also need the lid occasionally.CheersWes
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/07 11:20 AM Posted 09/05/07 11:20 AM I dont know how to take it off by your self.. but my mate f*ckd his pretty bad by taking it off himselfie. dropped it & scratched it @ the side of his car
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/05/07 11:20 AM Posted 09/05/07 11:20 AM Hey Wes - I took my off with a friend two weeks ago to load up some sofas. Let say I won't be doing it too often. It does weigh a bit.
XR6T8080 Member 398 Member For: 20y 2d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/07 11:36 AM Author Posted 09/05/07 11:36 AM Hey Wes - I took my off with a friend two weeks ago to load up some sofas. Let say I won't be doing it too often. It does weigh a bit.What I was thinking of doing was...I was going to get a couple of small pieces of alluminium, and either liquid nails, or glue them somehow to the underside of the lid. while trying not to crack it in the process. It does have some kind of skeleton underneath it I think you could work with.so I could get a good firm grip underneath the thing with both hands, and make a couple of latches for the struts to sit in, so you would sort of have to crawl underneath the thing, and lift it over your head, and off to the ground.Sounds complicated but I think it might work...OR I could even make a galvanized steel frame and screw it to the skeleton frame bit that way I wouldnt be putting pressure on the lid still want to hear any ideas.wes
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Posted 09/05/07 11:38 AM Posted 09/05/07 11:38 AM lift lid, drop tail gate, unclip bottum strut clips but dont take the struts off the locating balls. While standing on the tray and holding the lid knock struts off the locating balls with your feet one at a time. Lift lid up and off hindges. Walk backwards on tray lowering lid, you have to be carefull when lowering lid and stepping off tail gate. You should handle the rest. Its not as easy as doing it with two but can be done. I do it once a week by myself and dont find it to hard.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 09/05/07 11:43 AM Posted 09/05/07 11:43 AM I move mine off once a week but its a bit of a pain.I bought a trailer instead.Oh and sell me your hard lid........
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/07 09:47 PM Posted 09/05/07 09:47 PM lift lid, drop tail gate, unclip bottum strut clips but dont take the struts off the locating balls. While standing on the tray and holding the lid knock struts off the locating balls with your feet one at a time. Lift lid up and off hindges. Walk backwards on tray lowering lid, you have to be carefull when lowering lid and stepping off tail gate. You should handle the rest. Its not as easy as doing it with two but can be done. I do it once a week by myself and dont find it to hard.isn't that for the BA lid? the BF 1 is alot more work (at the hinge end)
XR6T8080 Member 398 Member For: 20y 2d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/07 11:01 PM Author Posted 09/05/07 11:01 PM lift lid, drop tail gate, unclip bottum strut clips but dont take the struts off the locating balls. While standing on the tray and holding the lid knock struts off the locating balls with your feet one at a time. Lift lid up and off hindges. Walk backwards on tray lowering lid, you have to be carefull when lowering lid and stepping off tail gate. You should handle the rest. Its not as easy as doing it with two but can be done. I do it once a week by myself and dont find it to hard.Yeah well I had tried that, but have you tried putting those little silver clips back on the struts? took ages. I near buggered my thumbs trying to force them back on. You must be able to get better struts that slide off easier than that.
BAturb Member 521 Member For: 21y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 10/05/07 08:54 AM Posted 10/05/07 08:54 AM the BF lid has a different hinge set up, the BF lid has a pin going through the hinge which has to be taken out before you can remove the lid, how about getting a broom handle to prop the lid open, then remove the struts and hinge pins, take the broom handle out, when the lid is flat crawl under in the back and lift it off and then down to the ground, not that I would ever do it by my self
b-rad Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 18y 4m 20d Location: townsville Posted 06/04/09 10:35 PM Posted 06/04/09 10:35 PM (edited) ive managed to get the lid of bymyself wasnt easy but only took 10 minsas mentioned wouldnt try again bymyself but dose anyone now hoe to get the roll bar peices off ?I can get to the bolt down the side of tray but other bolt is between cab and tub and I cannot get to it ? Edited 06/04/09 10:35 PM by b-rad
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now