300 Club Got Room For Me ?

apcdave

• Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Just before christmas had a severe case of overboost caused by two bolts holding turbo together parting company with the assembly crybaby.gif , options were to have it repaired :!: or have a bit more work done on the APS phase 11 :blush:

First the turbo went away and came back complete with T66 internals and high flow front housing and rear trim modifications the guy who did the job owns a T and had tried a bigger turbo which gave bigger top end but lost on low and mid range but came up with this combo which boosts low and mid range.

What about a new dump pipe to replace the ford cast monstrosity? good idea :biggrin: on went an SMB 4" job. Had to mate it with a 4" cat and 4" exhaust to the centre muffler then 3.5" to the rear all in stainless by SMB :kiss:

Intercooler :bye: how about a 1000 hp Plazmaman job bowdown.gif and that intake filter cover looked so nice I had to add one of them too :spoton: just a shame it hides the K&N ram pod but you can't have everything, well not in one go

A TIAL 11 psi blow-off valve was fitted for good measure.

Battery moved to boot and all done by Grim Performance in Hornsby.

Had two additional transmission coolers fitted to help with the higher power at the

tranny.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34028

Post No 7

what else? a cold air intake cone where the drivers fog light was, did it myself, also repositioned the fog lights on the bumper and put in mesh grilles :bum:blush.gif .

Finally off to MRC for a CAPA flash tuner, FPV spark plugs, 82°C thermostat and voila 330 RWKW. and 750 NM pulling power.

Im a happy chappy now :spoton:

post-2055-1176370861_thumb.jpg

post-2055-1176370912_thumb.jpg

post-2055-1176370963_thumb.jpg

Edited by apcdave

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 28d
It certainly sounds it :biggrin: Enjoy the new power mate :spoton:

car sounds pretty cool I need to put mine back on dyno last run was 299 rwkw with back tyres smoking on dyno I had 1020 lb of torque at the wheels smoking tyres dont know what it will run yet :spoton:

• Member For: 20y 7m 21d
car sounds pretty cool I need to put mine back on dyno last run was 299 rwkw with back tyres smoking on dyno I had 1020 lb of torque at the wheels smoking tyres dont know what it will run yet :spoton:

With 6400 rev limiter and 3500 stall should get me into 11's I imagine, may be some time b4 I run it down the strip. :clever-2: