mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/04/07 11:47 AM Posted 01/04/07 11:47 AM .... or transmission temp or AFR
grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 20d Posted 01/04/07 02:03 PM Author Posted 01/04/07 02:03 PM Hey Phoon just been looking at your ebay site and notice that for those of us who do not wish to run three gauges or may want to keep it an option for later not all the cups need to be fitted. It would mean a hole such as the pic. It then got me thinking that you could provide a blank to neaten it up. May be too hard to tool for but just a thought. Any chance you could mock one up with only two cups fitted. Here is a pic off ebay so people know what I am on about.
grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 20d Posted 08/04/07 11:47 AM Author Posted 08/04/07 11:47 AM Phoon any ideas on the above. Here is a pic of what it may look like in dual gauge pod form. I would only need some material to make a blank.
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 2d Gender: Male Posted 08/04/07 10:24 PM Posted 08/04/07 10:24 PM Sorry mate, just seen this post. To be honest, we are manufacturers and for us to start mucking around with one offs would not be viable. These units are injection moulded with a tool (mould) which is hardened steel so we cant alter it. It would mean a whole new mould and its not economically viable for us. Sorry about that.CheersJeff
grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 20d Posted 08/04/07 11:46 PM Author Posted 08/04/07 11:46 PM Yeah no worries that's what I thought you would say. Just a question can one cup just not be fitted? If so I assume it would leave a recess where the cup go's. I was thinking keep the original design and have a blank that can be fitted after. I will be getting one to play with myself. Maybe cut a piece out of the factory panel to use as a blank.
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 09/04/07 12:19 AM Posted 09/04/07 12:19 AM After fitting a Tripod I can confirm the excellent quality and fit. The Xcite twin pod is also a good option ... but being vacuum formed is not as precise as the Tripod.I think the idea of having a blanking piece to allow users to blank off one cup holder for a future installation is a great idea. Each cup just mounts onto the base with self tapping screws ... so a blank piece is entirely possible.Jeff .... what do you think? Can it be done without a huge investment in tooling?Cheers,Scott
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 2d Gender: Male Posted 09/04/07 04:27 AM Posted 09/04/07 04:27 AM Yes Guys it is possible, but to be perfectly honest, I just dont have time ATM. I am absolutely flat out with manufacturing and I have a few new concepts I am working on which take up any spare time I have. I guess it would also depend on whether you wanted the blank to follow the contour of the cutout or just a flat piece on how much time would need to be expended on it and still keep a semblence of quality look to it. I wouldnt consider a dodgy looking mock up which looked like an after thought, which is what it is really. So the trick would be to make it look like its meant to be there.CheersJeff
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 09/04/07 07:13 AM Posted 09/04/07 07:13 AM I fitted my xcite gauge pod yesterday and, apart from the the fact it needed a trim to make it fit nicely I would recommend it if you dont have the extra few dollars for the tripod & extra gauge..I would have gone the tripod except I couldnt justify an extra gauge & the fact that iv had the xcite 1 laying around since my T was a week old the tripod looks like I top notch product! You could make a one off.. if you wanted to charge the guy $9000 bucks for the new moulds
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 2d Gender: Male Posted 09/04/07 07:24 AM Posted 09/04/07 07:24 AM I would agree, if a 2 gauge pod is what you really wanted, my choice after the original FPV unit would be the xcite unit.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 09/04/07 07:30 AM Posted 09/04/07 07:30 AM well its better than that SS thingy with the screw holes
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now