davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 29/03/07 01:41 PM Posted 29/03/07 01:41 PM Soz if this has already been asked but, anyone know where to mount an aftermarket trans cooler for the turbo. All the ones I have seen go where the intercooler sits. I gotta fit one before my NEW trans goes kaput again because of the dodgy radiators they have.
tquarrell Member 181 Member For: 22y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 29/03/07 11:00 PM Posted 29/03/07 11:00 PM I mounted my PWR trans cooler behind the passenger side fog light. I simply cut the corner out of the return (top) aluminium pipe where it turns from the radiator to run along side the engine. I chose there because I wanted it away from the turbo side of the engine, and I didn't want to put the trans cooler in front of the radiator/intercooler. Some guys put it in the top grille in front of the radiator, or lower intake in front of the intercooler (which would cool the transmission oil better, but at 100 + degrees I thought I'd avoid putting transmission oil there), some even put them under the car with there own electric fan.It's up to you really, this is just what I've done.
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 28d Location: Canberra Posted 30/03/07 01:57 AM Posted 30/03/07 01:57 AM Whilst I'd be the first to admit that I didn't fit my tranny cooler myself, I know a lot of people have fitted it between the intercooler and the radiator. That's where mine sits and I've got a much-larger-than-stock Monza/Wogcooler in there to boot. It's a tight fit, but it does fit.
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 31/03/07 07:46 AM Author Posted 31/03/07 07:46 AM Whilst I'd be the first to admit that I didn't fit my tranny cooler myself, I know a lot of people have fitted it between the intercooler and the radiator. That's where mine sits and I've got a much-larger-than-stock Monza/Wogcooler in there to boot. It's a tight fit, but it does fit. Do you use a temp guage for your trans Bugster?
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 31/03/07 11:43 AM Posted 31/03/07 11:43 AM Same as Buggy, Davies Craig cooler fiited between I/c and radiator.Dingah
Azid Rush Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot! Member 692 Member For: 19y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 31/03/07 12:54 PM Posted 31/03/07 12:54 PM is there a doco or a walk through on how to mount the tranny cooler under the driver side wheel arch?
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 12d Posted 01/04/07 03:26 AM Posted 01/04/07 03:26 AM Ive got a process west intercooler and have fitted the transmission cooler under the intercooler but it sits flat and not in a vertical position so im prob not getting the best air flow to it but it was the only place I can think of...
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 28d Location: Canberra Posted 01/04/07 11:25 PM Posted 01/04/07 11:25 PM Do you use a temp guage for your trans Bugster?No mate, I've got no extra gauges in my car.
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 23/04/07 04:04 PM Posted 23/04/07 04:04 PM my trans cooler is fitted right behind the grill where the ford badge is on the front! u cant even see it unless u look really closely! would get perfect airflow there!
BAturb Member 521 Member For: 21y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/04/07 09:20 PM Posted 23/04/07 09:20 PM I mounted my trans cooler in the drivers wheel arch behind the fog light, plenty of room and good air flow
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now