grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 20d Posted 25/04/07 10:15 AM Posted 25/04/07 10:15 AM Looks the goods.Was it done with a paint brush?Any particular paint?
PIT STOP Member 64 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 25/04/07 10:27 AM Posted 25/04/07 10:27 AM oh my god I was also going to say jack stands ,but too late did, u bend the fork extensions? at least u only had it a couple of inches off the ground.
adzza17 Member 103 Member For: 19y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/04/07 08:12 AM Author Posted 26/04/07 08:12 AM Looks the goods.Was it done with a paint brush?Any particular paint?Yea did it with a brushI used a POR15 rust preventitive paint, paints straight onto rust and self levels so using a brush makes it come up as good as spraying, and leaves a hard non-chip surfaceoh my god I was also going to say jack stands ,but too late did, u bend the fork extensions? at least u only had it a couple of inches off the ground. Nah didn't bend the extensions, they are rated at about 6 tonneIt sat pretty solid on them, gave the car a good shake to testJust lifted it up enough to get the wheels off
grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 20d Posted 05/05/07 08:46 AM Posted 05/05/07 08:46 AM Out of interest how much is the POR 15. I have found someone who sells it in Adelaide and may get some next week. I have noticed it can handle 370 deg C where caliper stuff runs at 900 deg C. Can you see any issues. I will use some on my boat as well which is why I am keen on it for both jobs.
adzza17 Member 103 Member For: 19y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/05/07 11:06 AM Author Posted 05/05/07 11:06 AM I bought it for $45 from an auto paint store, the guy who served me recommended it after telling him what it was for.I was a bit weary of the temps to, as I don't do alot of hard braking I thought it'd be ok, I guess time will tell.I've had it on for about a month and it still looks as good as when I did it.I just scuffed up the hubs with some steel wool to get the loose flakes off, degreased them and painted with 2 coats.This was the only brush applied paint that I could find to do the job with little fuss,as I didn't want to mask up everything to spray
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now