sargo Member 107 Member For: 20y 1m 1d Location: Brisneyland Posted 28/02/07 03:54 AM Posted 28/02/07 03:54 AM Looking for advice from folk who have been there, done that.I have a BA MKII T56 which has Phoon CAI, K&N, 3.5" metalcat, wogcooler and an edit which is presently producing around 265RWKW. The tuner thought that the injectors and valve springs were holding it back. I am thinking of putting in some Siemens DEKA 60lb'ers and having a retune. I understand that the stock valve springs in a BA MKII should be okay??? Am I kidding myself. Help......
slippunchdump Member 116 Member For: 20y 5m 18d Gender: Male Posted 28/02/07 05:16 AM Posted 28/02/07 05:16 AM I have very similar mods to my car. I have a MK II T56 with Typhoon CAI, K&N, Siemens Deka 60's and edit at the moment (250rwks). I have a wog cooler at home which I haven't fitted because I am waiting to do the hi flow cat and valve springs (don't won't to pay for retune) I would definately go the Siemens injectors. They are the best going around. I have been told the 968's can run out of puff whereas these won't. Valve springs is also a must mod.
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/02/07 05:39 AM Posted 28/02/07 05:39 AM Given Nizpro are selling Cobra valve springs for like $234, it's cheap insurance. The nice thing about the Siemens are they work really nice at small pulse modulation and are easy to tune for smooth operation down low. You don't need to make big power to see the benefits of these. Apparently got one of the best spray patterns of any injector around. Seeing I paid $450 in a group buy, they are great value. Some of the jap injectors I've seen are $800-$1000 for 6.
sargo Member 107 Member For: 20y 1m 1d Location: Brisneyland Posted 28/02/07 06:20 AM Author Posted 28/02/07 06:20 AM No doubt, it is insurance but I am not so sure about cheap. $234 is great for the springs, is the $500 odd in labour that smacks me about the head.... (plus $450 for the injectors and a lazy $250 for a retune...)Guess I am just gonna have to keep saving my pennies....
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 28/02/07 07:44 AM Posted 28/02/07 07:44 AM 500 bucks in labour! wowsers
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/02/07 08:24 AM Posted 28/02/07 08:24 AM No doubt, it is insurance but I am not so sure about cheap. $234 is great for the springs, is the $500 odd in labour that smacks me about the head.... (plus $450 for the injectors and a lazy $250 for a retune...)Guess I am just gonna have to keep saving my pennies....←What, 7-8 hours labour for springs on an OHC car. Yikes. That sounds excessive.
Guest Guests Posted 28/02/07 02:10 PM Posted 28/02/07 02:10 PM (edited) I'm making slightly more than 300rwkw and I haven't done valve springs yet. Edited 28/02/07 02:12 PM by 03XR6T
PumpedUp Member 90 Member For: 20y 2m 24d Location: Mehico Posted 28/02/07 02:15 PM Posted 28/02/07 02:15 PM I'm making slightly more than 300rwkw and I haven't done valve springs yet. ←Me neither.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now