J&SXR6T Member 56 Member For: 21y 3m 21d Posted 27/02/07 09:07 AM Posted 27/02/07 09:07 AM Dose any one know where I can get my Xbox fitted with a mod chip and XBMCAnd possibly a larger HDD.I have brought a kit to fit the xbox in the t and want to be able to do more with it.Like play mp3’s and watch divx movies.cheers jono.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 27/02/07 09:09 AM Posted 27/02/07 09:09 AM Hi MateGeea , a mod on this site had a pretty awesome set up. He is in Melbourne so a PM would be a good place to start depending of course where you are
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 19d Gender: Male Posted 27/02/07 09:25 AM Posted 27/02/07 09:25 AM at most smaller computer places (around dandenong,vic) they do HDD swaps and chipswhen I got my xbox 2-3 years ago, I put a chip, 160gig HDD in it, evo-x system upgrade (so u can play dvds region free, vids, install games to HDD without need for CD & sh*t loads more)worth the extra few hundred.. im sure its alot cheaper now though!
leigh86 Legacy Donating Member 133 Member For: 19y 11m 24d Gender: Not Telling Posted 27/02/07 09:40 AM Posted 27/02/07 09:40 AM (edited) Get someone to chip it, and then learn the rest from www.xbox-scene.comYou can turn them into a pretty sweet media center.PS. What is this kit you've brought? I have an xbox sitting around doing nothing. Edited 27/02/07 09:41 AM by leigh86
J&SXR6T Member 56 Member For: 21y 3m 21d Posted 27/02/07 09:53 AM Author Posted 27/02/07 09:53 AM The kit is from ASL they make a lot of stuff for the BA/BF's there web site is http://asllogistics.com
leigh86 Legacy Donating Member 133 Member For: 19y 11m 24d Gender: Not Telling Posted 01/03/07 08:56 AM Posted 01/03/07 08:56 AM Decided to dust off the Xbox and order a kit from ASL today. I'll hop into it as soon as it arrives. No doubt I'll have some questions about the hardware side of things as I'm not too good with car electronics.As for the software side of things, I have XBMC fully set up, including a resume script to automatically resume playing the last active playlist before the console was shut down. It even recalls the track position, just like a real head unit. (Works for video files as well.) As soon as I know I can have it functioning in my car I'll order a big HDD to hold my 13,000+ audio files. If anybody has any questions about this I'll happily help you out.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/03/07 09:16 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:16 AM I've got a similar setup and I love it. So much more functionality now.
leigh86 Legacy Donating Member 133 Member For: 19y 11m 24d Gender: Not Telling Posted 01/03/07 09:25 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:25 AM I'm a little stuck as to what I'm going to do with the mounting situation. I was thinking under the passenger seat. What have you done mate? And what did you use to mount the console?
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/03/07 09:38 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:38 AM Sorry, I completely mis-read your post. I thought you were talking about your xbox at home not the car Sorry
leigh86 Legacy Donating Member 133 Member For: 19y 11m 24d Gender: Not Telling Posted 01/03/07 09:45 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:45 AM Heh, no worries. I'll have a search.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now