Guest Guests Posted 23/02/07 12:11 PM Posted 23/02/07 12:11 PM Hi all,I've been looking at buying a boost gauge and I'm stuck. Should I get a mechanical or electrical gauge? What does an electrical unit offer in terms of reliability, ease of fitting, looks etc that the mechanical one doesn't?Cheers
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/03/07 09:48 PM Posted 04/03/07 09:48 PM Depends on your budget.Electronic are the best choice as you do not need to try to put the vac tube into the cabin and not kink it.The electronic is the easiest to fit and is more reliable and accurate.They will cost you around the $250+ for a decent one.
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 21d Location: Melbourne Posted 04/03/07 10:53 PM Posted 04/03/07 10:53 PM Yep, I agree. One thing I`ve noticed is people go straight to autobarn and buy the cheapest gauges. Be aware you pay for what you get and the are good jap products like DEFI,PIVOT ect that have a very high following and for good reasons.
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 12d Gender: Male Posted 05/03/07 05:03 AM Posted 05/03/07 05:03 AM You get what you pay for.
Guest Guests Posted 05/03/07 06:59 AM Posted 05/03/07 06:59 AM Thanks for the replies guys I just didn't want to spend $400 on an electrical cobalt boost gauge when I could get a mechanical one for $150 that would do the same job.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now