BOoya Member 118 Member For: 20y 2m 6d Location: Somewhere on the Open Highway, NT Posted 22/02/07 11:05 PM Posted 22/02/07 11:05 PM Howdy all,There seems to be a star shaped knob at the back of the headlights - is this the adjustment for the headlights? after getting my LHS light assembly replaced, they high beam points to the ground!!I tried to turn it, but it doesnt seem to do much?any thoughts?
BOoya Member 118 Member For: 20y 2m 6d Location: Somewhere on the Open Highway, NT Posted 24/02/07 03:34 AM Author Posted 24/02/07 03:34 AM no one has any idea how to adjust the headlight direction or focus???
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/02/07 04:00 AM Posted 24/02/07 04:00 AM There are 2 knobs on each headlight.The top one that does the up/down and the one closest to the radiator that does the left/right sweep.To a just the highbeam up will also affect the lowbeam, so you want to make sure the problem is not somewhere else. It could be the highbeam globe is not fitted properly and this would cause it to aim low. If you do need to ajust it, then you will need to undo the top knob. I found a 3/6" rachet with a (I think) 14mm socket makes life a lot easier.This needs to be done counterclockwise. You are best to do it at night against a brick wall as it makes alignement easier.Hope this helps.
chooch Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 3d Location: Adelaide Posted 24/02/07 04:15 AM Posted 24/02/07 04:15 AM dude, I stuffed around for ages adjusting the lights, I did the whole upagainst a wall thing using measuring sticks. I thought I had it right until it was foggy one night and faaaaaaaaark my lights were over the place the high beams were like cris crossing.......and who know what the fog lamps were doing. Anyway took it to ford, told them the truth that I was mucking around, they fixed it perfectly (no charge).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now