Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

Just wondering if anybody has played with a program called Cartest?From memory its a free download from www.cartest2000.com if my upload has failed(only around 500KB).

Basically its similar to the Gran Turismo tuning setup.You have a car(the are preloaded Ferraris and heaps of others)enter all its info and analyze(not race,its mainly figures)it.You can do 0-100,1/4mile,rolling starts,best take off RPM and heaps other.I runs a fairly powerful algoritham I suppose.Its fairly accurate it seems.My car runs 17s apparently....

What I wonder is if the figures it spits out are actually accurate?I dont have the Gear Ratios etc for the T so I cant tell but you lucky buggers can B) Leave us a line when or if you use us with your views(Its not mine,it just seems fun in a bored kinda way)

cartest.exe

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 10d
  • Location: Wellington NZ
Posted

Gear ratios fro the Turbo Bird.

AUTO.

1st 2.50

2nd 1.49

3rd 1.00

4th 0.68

Final drive Sedan 3.45

Manual

1st 2.95

2nd 1.94

3rd 1.34

4th 1.00

5th 0.73

Final drive 3.45

Hope this helps.

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

well it would but you also need tyre size, weight engine and torque @????Rpm etc but the hard one (ie it really f****s me is the Aerodynamically Efficiency (Cd) of the bugger....Hard to find that is.

Anybody downloaded it and tried it yet?

Guest KarlDurrance
  • Guests
Posted

Check out www.onlineconversion.com to convert all the figures to the imperial measurements used in the program.. I have had a play around but am still hunting some figures..

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

You can change to metric.If you havent found out yet,Go to the bottom options on the main screen:Imperial/Metric...

Hope you guys are interested at least

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
Posted

I've played with this a bit now, and come up with the following figures-

0-100km/h 5.9

Standing 400m 14.28 @ 152 km/h with launch revs of 3200 Rpm

Cd I've put as 0.35 (0.38 being a brick-like car, 0.32 teardrop shape)

- doesn't make a huge difference to the 1/4 mile time

Everything else is as published, 240kw @5250, 450Nm @3250 (average of 2000+4500) and 1644Kg

Seems credible...

BK

:thumbsup:

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

Fairly reasonable then?I think the CD is more to do with top speed rather than.Hope some people enjoy it at least

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...