Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 19/05/03 11:29 AM Posted 19/05/03 11:29 AM Just wondering if anybody has played with a program called Cartest?From memory its a free download from www.cartest2000.com if my upload has failed(only around 500KB).Basically its similar to the Gran Turismo tuning setup.You have a car(the are preloaded Ferraris and heaps of others)enter all its info and analyze(not race,its mainly figures)it.You can do 0-100,1/4mile,rolling starts,best take off RPM and heaps other.I runs a fairly powerful algoritham I suppose.Its fairly accurate it seems.My car runs 17s apparently....What I wonder is if the figures it spits out are actually accurate?I dont have the Gear Ratios etc for the T so I cant tell but you lucky buggers can B) Leave us a line when or if you use us with your views(Its not mine,it just seems fun in a bored kinda way)cartest.exe
XR6TK1W1 Member 435 Member For: 23y 6m 10d Location: Wellington NZ Posted 20/05/03 04:31 AM Posted 20/05/03 04:31 AM Gear ratios fro the Turbo Bird.AUTO.1st 2.502nd 1.493rd 1.004th 0.68Final drive Sedan 3.45Manual1st 2.952nd 1.943rd 1.344th 1.005th 0.73Final drive 3.45Hope this helps.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 21/05/03 01:14 PM Author Posted 21/05/03 01:14 PM well it would but you also need tyre size, weight engine and torque @????Rpm etc but the hard one (ie it really f****s me is the Aerodynamically Efficiency (Cd) of the bugger....Hard to find that is.Anybody downloaded it and tried it yet?
Guest KarlDurrance Guests Posted 23/05/03 04:23 AM Posted 23/05/03 04:23 AM Check out www.onlineconversion.com to convert all the figures to the imperial measurements used in the program.. I have had a play around but am still hunting some figures..
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 23/05/03 10:40 AM Author Posted 23/05/03 10:40 AM You can change to metric.If you havent found out yet,Go to the bottom options on the main screen:Imperial/Metric...Hope you guys are interested at least
bkofoed Member 90 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 26/05/03 11:03 AM Posted 26/05/03 11:03 AM I've played with this a bit now, and come up with the following figures-0-100km/h 5.9Standing 400m 14.28 @ 152 km/h with launch revs of 3200 RpmCd I've put as 0.35 (0.38 being a brick-like car, 0.32 teardrop shape)- doesn't make a huge difference to the 1/4 mile timeEverything else is as published, 240kw @5250, 450Nm @3250 (average of 2000+4500) and 1644KgSeems credible...BK
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 26/05/03 11:43 AM Author Posted 26/05/03 11:43 AM Fairly reasonable then?I think the CD is more to do with top speed rather than.Hope some people enjoy it at least
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now