falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 21/01/07 12:01 PM Posted 21/01/07 12:01 PM OK, now that that's cleared... that's an awesome power output for an XT... I feel a bit little now that that's come out ...How can a 3 valve XT put out soo much power?... Anyway... if that's what the XT puts out, I hope I can get some good results from CV Performance... (I couldn't resist commenting )Hope to get some runs on the weekend at WSID... Who's going to be available for a run or 2?- Daniel←was that meant to mean the weekend just passing us by?
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Posted 21/01/07 12:21 PM Posted 21/01/07 12:21 PM OK, now that that's cleared... that's an awesome power output for an XT... I feel a bit little now that that's come out ...How can a 3 valve XT put out soo much power?... Anyway... if that's what the XT puts out, I hope I can get some good results from CV Performance... (I couldn't resist commenting )Hope to get some runs on the weekend at WSID... Who's going to be available for a run or 2?- Daniel←was that meant to mean the weekend just passing us by?← I think so. you didn't go? I thought it was Wednesday for WSID anyway?
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 23d Posted 21/01/07 03:18 PM Author Posted 21/01/07 03:18 PM no.. the weekend coming... I Will be in Sydney on Wednesday night... heading to CV on thursday... If I've got time I'll go check out Autotech on thrusday afternoon...And If I can figure out how to get to WSID I'll go there and see when I can do a run or 3... I really don't know much about the dragstrip... I'll post new Dyno run and if I get a track run, post that as well...It will be interesting to see what your output with your breathing mods is fiddie... Make sure you don't keep us waiting too long...- Daniel
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 21/01/07 10:48 PM Posted 21/01/07 10:48 PM no.. the weekend coming... I Will be in Sydney on Wednesday night... heading to CV on thursday... If I've got time I'll go check out Autotech on thrusday afternoon...And If I can figure out how to get to WSID I'll go there and see when I can do a run or 3... I really don't know much about the dragstrip... I'll post new Dyno run and if I get a track run, post that as well...It will be interesting to see what your output with your breathing mods is fiddie... Make sure you don't keep us waiting too long...- Daniel←Its pretty easy the whole off street dragging thing, when I went out there I didnt find it hard. I read the info on the wsid website a few times.Yep and wednesday is the one to go too.
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Posted 22/01/07 03:15 PM Posted 22/01/07 03:15 PM Hey Daniel,I bet you will love it, just remember the main thing is to have fun. It may take a few times for you to work out how to be consistent. Here is a link I found useful.Drag racing tips Cheers,Doug
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 23d Posted 23/01/07 04:24 AM Author Posted 23/01/07 04:24 AM Thanks for that Doogstar.I'm actually going to see if I can leave Parkes earlier and in turn get to sydney earlier...4 1/2 hr drive...If anyone's going on wednesday night? where do most people meet?
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 23d Posted 23/01/07 06:22 AM Author Posted 23/01/07 06:22 AM I should rephrase the "anyone going"... to is anyone going to be there who might be able to give me a hand... Being the first time and everything... No guarrantees that I'll make it there in time though... Maybe I should just leave it to another time...
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 23/01/07 10:43 AM Posted 23/01/07 10:43 AM well I can you that I wont be going
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 23d Posted 24/01/07 05:47 AM Author Posted 24/01/07 05:47 AM Thanks guys for the support... after some careful consideration and helpful and considerate advice... I've decided it wouldn't be wise to throw my car at full pelt down the quarter...I will however still post the resulting power figure from tomorrow's work...Here's to hoping I crack 200rwkw... I gotta start thinking about handling mods next...driving that thing is getting quite a handful.... catchya...
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 24/01/07 06:01 AM Posted 24/01/07 06:01 AM Most dyno runs are done in 1 to 1 gear in the falcons that is 3 rd for auto and 4th for maneul.The only 3 valve motor in a ba is the barra 220 single overhead cam v8 in the xt and higher spec cars.The ba 6 cyl had 182 at the crank and the bf 190 at the crank.IanIf this is an auto ba 6 cyl than that is great power.Ian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now