thalamus Member 25 Member For: 20y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/12/06 02:12 AM Posted 19/12/06 02:12 AM Hi allI am about to attempt my stereo upgrade in my BF SR (had to sell my BA XR6T ute unfortunately:( ) But at least I can fit my 12" in the boot, now that I have a sedan!I have some nice sounding MB Quartz splits for the front, but the centre "bubble" thingie in the cone has been slightly pushed in by my mechanic when he was fixing a door window in my old corolla.Anywho, I can't notice any difference to the sound quality, but wondering if there is a good method of pulling the little "bubble" thingie back into place. I've tried pressing sticky tape onto it, then pulling it out slowly, and I can't access the "bubble" from behind the speaker to push out with a pen (or something similar)Any ideas people?thanks all!
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Posted 19/12/06 02:49 AM Posted 19/12/06 02:49 AM Being pushed in will make no differencr worst case gat a vacume cleaner on its lowers setting to suck it out
thalamus Member 25 Member For: 20y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/12/06 03:08 AM Author Posted 19/12/06 03:08 AM Thanks CransI'll give that a go. Will need to find/make a smaller nozzle for my vacuum.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 19/12/06 03:24 AM Posted 19/12/06 03:24 AM this wont make a difference to the sound at all
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Posted 19/12/06 11:50 PM Posted 19/12/06 11:50 PM Just be care full when you do it as you dont want to lift the voice coil out to far.Best suck it out and turn the vacum of before removing it from the cone
thalamus Member 25 Member For: 20y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/12/06 01:20 AM Author Posted 20/12/06 01:20 AM Good point Crans, I have variable power settings on my vacuum so I will gradually increase power until I can suck it out!Thanks all!
crazed1 Member 105 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Location: Sydney Posted 20/12/06 03:04 AM Posted 20/12/06 03:04 AM what they said is good, and good speaker choice I too have some of the 6.5 inch splits mbquart
Robit28 Member 385 Member For: 20y 10m 29d Location: Brisbane Posted 13/02/07 08:02 AM Posted 13/02/07 08:02 AM You will probably find a vacuum cleaner won't work (if it does prove me wrong).A small pin will work but leave a small hole.In my opinion, unless you are worried about looks and can see the coil dust cover, leave it as is, it will not effect sound quality and you won't risk damaging the voice coil.Rob
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/02/07 12:03 PM Posted 14/02/07 12:03 PM just a quick question just moved house and damaged my sub buy pushing the bubble in when moving now it doesnt perform any worse but just looks crap, I tried the vacum this didnt work could I try the pin theory on it
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 01/03/07 11:26 AM Posted 01/03/07 11:26 AM run a razor around the edges of the cone centre cap.. pull it off pop it back out and glue it back on! u can get the glue used from some dicksmith stores.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now